Changed my mind 10 times , please help

imdreaming

I have a family of 6. Going to Mexico in February on the Vision of the Seas. Myself, my husband, 17 son, 16 son, 13 daughter, 11 son.
Trying to budget but yet be comfortable. Started with one oceanview for my husband and myself and inside room across the hall for the 4 kids. Than I did some research and found out that for $180.00 more the kids could also have a oceanview room next door with a connecting door. Much better. Can share bathrooms and not have to go across the hall to check on them. Now this is my dilemma. Got to thinking with the way the ships price things. I checked and for another $220.00 I could get: two oceanviews rooms with 2 of us each in each room and an interior room with 2 of us. So 3 rooms, 3 bathroom, and lots more room. I just don't see the 4 kids sharing one room. The older boys are men size. Would they really be that comfortable. My kids are good kids but like all kids they tend to fight and bicker probably even on a cruiseship.
My main question is: will they let me book three rooms with only 2 adults. Would they consider the connecting rooms as one room and book one adult in there and one in the interior room. thanks jill

When I booked on Infinity last year, they put my DDs, 15yo, in the connecting room under their own names, and myself and DH in our room under our own names. So maybe you could have 2 children in connecting room, you in other connecting room with child, and DH in inside room with child. Then when you get onboard, get duplicate room keys so DH can be with you. BTW, how will you decide who gets the inside--of course that may be the desired room since you won't be in such close contact. Anyway, I would call and ask if that was possible.

Policies have changed only recently regarding putting kids in their own cabins even with parents traveling. Now one parent has to be in the cabin with kids. (at least on paper- you can swtich up once onboard)

I thought each cabin booking required 2 fares to be paid. If only one person, they pay 200% of the pp price, unless they have a single supplemental special being offered for that sailing. So I don't see the savings, in fact, it seems like it would be alot more $$. Have you verified your pricing information with a TA or the cruiseline?
[i][b][color=magenta]Happy Sailing![/color][/b][/i]

Archived