Carnival's "Horseback Riding Adventure"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dallas,

We did the excursion on 9-8-04. The cost of $89 pp was not worth it to us. They will give instructions and pick a horse for you. You will then take the so called "beautiful mangrove-lined trail" down to the ocean. It's a trail with trees and bushes, no flowers, no palm trees. You will then ride your horse along the beach then stop at the coral. Those who wish we be allowed to take their horse into the water. The scenery was not as pretty as I had hoped. The horses do not seem to be trained like the horses back home in Kansas. If you have been on a horse only a couple of times I would not reccomend this. I have some experience on a horse and my DH has lots of experience and we thought these horses will do as they please. Some of the horses tend to bite people and other horses. They also tend to kick other horses. Mr. Einstine was my DH horse & he kicked all the time. I had Casper who bit all the time. My DD had Sargent and her BF had Loco. These horses also tend to practice for a fire drill and stop, drop and roll. I guess they like to roll in the sand, so you need to be prepared to jump off your horse quickly so you don't get squished!! All of our horses except Loco did this. DH horse did this by the ocean so DH got a little wet, he was not happy. I will say that there was only one injury of a sprained ankle in our group.

After you go back to the ranch they have pop available and served nachos, black beans and spaghetti. There is a pool to swim in, also you can purchase a pic of you on your horse for $10. You can view our pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/awsmrn to see the horses and ranch. One thing we were disappointed in was that we were not able to stick together and ride, like I said, the horses tend to do what they want when they want. Hope this helps in your decision. It was not a total displeasant excursion but for the $$ would not reccomend. Let me know if you have any other questions.

AwsmRN

• 10 months later...

Is this Rancho Lomo Bonita tour from Cancun? If so, can you tell me how long you got to ride? I'm an avid horsewoman and really, really wanted to ride in the ocean, but if this tour is a rip-off I'd be better off driving down to FL.

If anyone else has taken this tour, I'd like to hear about it, too. BTW, loved your photos! They really helped picture things.

Thanks,

Archived