Tipping with Kids on Carnival

HightowerMom

No it is still $10 per person per day, irrespective of the person's age.

If someone goes out of their way to make your children's trip especially great, then of course tip that person extra.

Also consider tipping the Camp Carnival counselors. We just asked for an extra envelope on the last night, and put money in there and gave it to the Camp on the last night. I didn't tip one counselor in specific since my DD had interaction with a lot of the counselors - not just one - and they were ALL great.:)

Have a Great trip!

$10 per person per day is right. And every kid is a "person" ;)

Not entirely true. My baby (16 months) will not be charged tips. We intend to add $10 or more/day for her since she will likely require the most attention on the ship of the four of us, but it is not required. I wonder if the cut off is 2 years old...? I'm sure it's on Carnival's website somewhere.

We are looking forward to our first 7 day cruise with our three children (ages 9,6,4).

Are there different tipping rates for children?

Thanks!

We have always looked at tipping for kids as an opportunity to be extra generous since even in a land based resturant you end up with cheerios on the floor.

Be sure to tip well--just like you should at any restaurant you take you kids to--even if they only ate what you brought them (fruit/cherrios etc)in the diaper bag--the mess kids can leave behind deserves a bonus cleaning fee (even after diligent moms/dads try to pick up after their littles)

Just my 2 cents

We havent been charged tips yet in 3 cruises for our DD was not 2 yet. I always make sure to tip a little extra since they dont include her in the automatic tips on the account. She will be 2 on this weekend's sailing so I will let you all know if the tips start then?

Julie

Hmmmm I tried to pull it up on the Carnival site and this is all I could find. It doesn't say anything about kids and what age they "officially" start tipping. I KNOW on Elation, my youngest was 2 and definatly was part of the tips....

What is the tipping policy onboard?spacer.gifService Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $10.00 per guest, per day (our recommended guideline) as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $10 per guest, per day must be prepaid.

Our Staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to contact the Purser’s Information desk while onboard. This will allow us to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time.

For beverage purchases, fifteen percent of the bill is automatically added to the Sail & Sign charge. Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered. Tipping your Maître d’ is at your discretion, based upon the service you receive.

Hmmmm I tried to pull it up on the Carnival site and this is all I could find. It doesn't say anything about kids and what age they "officially" start tipping. I KNOW on Elation, my youngest was 2 and definatly was part of the tips....

What is the tipping policy onboard?spacer.gifService Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $10.00 per guest, per day (our recommended guideline) as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $10 per guest, per day must be prepaid.

Our Staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to contact the Purser’s Information desk while onboard. This will allow us to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time.

That's all I could find too. I got the info about babies being excluded from tips from posts like this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=622975&highlight=kids+tipping

That's all I could find too. I got the info about babies being excluded from tips from posts like this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=622975&highlight=kids+tipping

AHA there it is! Yep, tips are not automatically added for under 2's. But the OP has none under 2...so my original response stands...lol. ;)

I remember reading on the FAQ for Norwegian Cruise Lines that adults paid $10 per day while children paid $5. Each cruise line may have its own standard. On Carnival we were expected to pay $10 per day for our kids.

On most ships, the tips are divided among your waiter, assistant waiters, and room steward. Since our kids never ate in the dining room, we had those tips removed from our bill and we passed that same amount of money to the staff that actually did work with our children, the camp counselors and room steward.

Archived