Coka for "IT" Girl

zimmerjulie

We filmed mine yesterday and my husband is "tweaking" it today. I was freaked out at the "old lady" he filmed when I thought it was supposed to be me!

Oh wait...it WAS me:eek: Seeing yourself on a big computer monitor is a real shocker.

I'll let you know when I get it posted, it would be fun to have all five finalists come from the NCL forum! :)

Hey Coka!

I saw it! Great video and I gave it 5 cameras! ;)

pcreek, I loved your comedy and your message, too. I'll go vote for you as well!

I think it was frequent cruiser jock's comments that were a slam (pg 2).

Woo hoo, the competition is ON!!

OOPS-yep, I just went back and reread those. My bad!

So far which videos are from our little group? I'd certainly like to see as many or our ladies as possible in the finals and want to make sure I give em all a little ratings boost. ;)

-Monte

I am looking forward to more entries! Canadian Twosome said she was doing one and I think BeckyThane might as well.

Here is another tip or a lesson learned by me while doing this:

Double check how your video will play out before uploading to the gemitgirl site. The video file must be 100MB or smaller and in FLV, WMV, WM, MPG, MOV or AVI. Once I learned exactly what that meant, I selected MOV...that one showed my face, the leopard clothing, belt and color best. I did something wrong in uploading and waited days for it appear. I then copied a new disc and resubmitted. This time I selected AVI but did NOT preview it prior to uploading. I should have. For some reason, the color was darkened significantly. Also, you might notice that some of the entrants have black above and below their screen...meaning the full picture is not viewed. I wonder if the darkened ones used the AVI format too.

Oh, I just learned that if you click the button on the bottom right of video, you can see the video on your full computer screen.

Coka

Hi Coka!

I thought your video was great! Very creative!! (we NEED more creative ones on there!)

I thought the size requirement was 50MB..I had a tech at work resize mine and save in different formats. I uploaded MPEG one..at work it's very dark, but at home it's not. Maybe different monitors or network access or something?!

I think it would be awesome if all 5 finalists were from here - what a Party we will have on our mini cruise!

:-)

Good luck to all entries!

Pcreek, so far the odds are 5 out of 17! There is still more room and time for others to enter. I looked through the 6 pages of rules and it did state 100. My sister said she could see color in hers. We (my family and coworkers) love your video too! I for one know that speaking for 90 seconds is not easy! I keep shutting my office door "to sneak a peek at pcreek!"

I am heading home to really pack for my next NCL cruise. I leave next Thursday to NYC for the Dawn's 2 day cruise to nowhere. My first CTN...sounds like a big 2 day party!

Let's keep the fun and adventure going!

Have a great weekend!

Coka

Pcreek and Coka - Great Jobs! Five stars for everyone who is trying. I'm attempting to put a video together but 90 seconds is tough - I just keep babbling!

Coka - Even though the video is dark, it's all about the message - remember, they want to hear you!!! Have a great time on the Dawn!

Pam

Zimmerjulie, you are a sweetheart! I have a few more things to do before submitting my entry. I hope to have it done by the beginning of next week.

If anyone is interested in doing it, be sure to read the terms and conditions of the contest. One is not supposed to use music, poetry, art, photos, etc. I had to change my first idea all around. I should have read the terms and conditions before planning. Even so, I am pleased with what I came up with in accordance with the rules. They really want to see and hear YOU. Good luck to everyone! NCL surely was creative with this one!

Coka

Got my vote Coka

I'm just now catching up on watching the Gem Godmother "It Girl" videos. I've already given Joyce a note of congratulations.

Pcreek, I thoroughly enjoyed your sense of humor and enthusiasm. Best of luck.

Coka, yours was so clever, and you look lovely. Don't worry about the darkness. I think everyone knows it's not about professional movie-making. Good luck.

Am I watching any other entries from CC members? Would love to support all the girls who have the "It" necessary to submit an entry. No kidding. I admire all of you. I have an idea but my courage keeps abandoning me!

Am I watching any other entries from CC members? Would love to support all the girls who have the "It" necessary to submit an entry. No kidding. I admire all of you. I have an idea but my courage keeps abandoning me!

I belong to the shameless plea.

If you are thinking about doing - DO IT! I would love to see your idea!

Pam :)

By "shameless plea," do you mean "Pam's Plea - Vote for Me"? If so, you can be VERY proud.

You seem so comfortable speaking to us, and I think you looked great.

We have an NCL cruise coming up this weekend. If I submit something, it will be after we come home. Thanks for the encouragement, pgh! I'm still a nervous Nellie.

sandpebbles, you should consider recording a little something while on your trip. If not the whole video, maybe just some scenes. What better backdrop than the rail of an NCL ship with the sea in the background!

I guess that might not add to the relaxation of your trip, if your are nervous about it, but what an opportunity!

Pam, your video is great, too!

Well, here is what went through my head when I debated with myself whether to enter or not:

1. Do I really want to show myself on the internet?

2. Will I get in trouble at work if I do not ask permission to show myself on the internet?

3. Will my family and friends think I am crazy?

Then I thought to myself:

1. You can't win if you don't play...

2. You can always ask for forgiveness instead of permission...

3. You can't get whisked away to NYC (air included) along with another person for a free two night inaugural cruise on the new Gem if you don't play...

4. You can't meet Colin Veitch in person if you do not submit that video...

5. You can't ever sail in a Garden Villa with five of your entourage for free to the Caribbean or Mediterranean if you don't enter the competition...

6. You can't put "Beloved Godmother to Gem" on your tombstone if you don't go for it...

7. What? You think your family and friends think you're NOT crazy...?

NCL came up with the right price to make it worthwhile to TRY...so to all of you who are still debating whether or not to submit video...I ask what will you regret more: Entering the contest...or not entering the contest?

When you enter, you can dream. Nobody can vote that away from us.

Coka

Coka

What you said is absolutely true. If I had not entered, I would have always wondered, "Maybe, I could have...." At least I know I have a chance since I entered. This is the first time I have done anything like this before. Plus my son and I had so much fun doing the video. I will keep dreaming.

Joyce

Zimmerjulie, you read my mind. If I do a video, it will be on the cruise. That's the idea I already had.

Coka and everyone else who has entered: You are absolutely right. All of you have gained our admiration for individuality, creativity, and enthusiasm.

Hopefully, I'll return from the cruise with something to submit. Thanks for the words of support!

By "shameless plea," do you mean "Pam's Plea - Vote for Me"? If so, you can be VERY proud.

Yes, and thank you!

That would be great if you did your video on the ship - that's what vacation is all about, doing new things. Have a wonderful trip!

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank those of you who encouraged me. My video is called "One Hot Baby Boomer" and is listed in the "Funny" category. Hope it garners some smiles.

After going through this experience, I can't tell you how much I respect each woman who put herself out there!

I sincerely wish everyone who entered the best of luck. :)

Sandpebbles, I am glad that you did a video! Yes, you garnered smiles from me! Only those who create and submit truly know....!!!! I think less than one week to get yours in to anyone else wanting to give it a try!

Once the five finalists are selected, only registered users of gemitgirl.com get to give their 10 votes per day up to December 7th.

I agree...this is truly revolutionary of NCL!

Coka

Thanks for watching, Coka. I appreciate it.

If anyone out there is thinking about entering, I encourage you to do so. It's a bit scary because the task is quite daunting. However, you truly gain a deep respect for all the girls who conquered, created, and uploaded!

Kudos to all of you! :)

Just wanted to thank those of you who encouraged me. My video is called "One Hot Baby Boomer" and is listed in the "Funny" category. Hope it garners some smiles.

After going through this experience, I can't tell you how much I respect each woman who put herself out there!

I sincerely wish everyone who entered the best of luck. :)

Lots of smiles here too! So happy you went ahead and did the video.

Pam:D

Thanks, Pam. I appreciate your taking a look at it.

I have an off-beat sense of humor and thought I would poke fun at my hot flashes (which I really do have all the time) by calling myself a hot baby boomer.

My use of that portable fan is no joke. The stares I got while climbing the Acropolis in Athens, Greece were priceless. :eek:

Sandpebbles, I am glad that you did a video! Yes, you garnered smiles from me! Only those who create and submit truly know....!!!! I think less than one week to get yours in to anyone else wanting to give it a try!

Once the five finalists are selected, only registered users of gemitgirl.com get to give their 10 votes per day up to December 7th.

I agree...this is truly revolutionary of NCL!

Coka

Pearl Harbour Day for the final votes - should be a surprise winner;)

I guess I will need to vote early and often as I will be headed to Barcelona on Nov 30th to board the Gem and get it back to the US for the winner. Maybe the answer is to go back to my Chicago roots - register dead people that can vote early and often as well :D

My use of that portable fan is no joke. The stares I got while climbing the Acropolis in Athens, Greece were priceless. :eek:

I love your different colored fans! I really enjoyed the humor - especially the part of having to go to the bathroom - I always have to go to the bathroom. I wouldn't be able to climb the Acropolis because I would have go to the bathroom!:p

coka - Did you check out Ms. G's blog this week? She was "bus"-ted!

I guess I will need to vote early and often as I will be headed to Barcelona on Nov 30th to board the Gem and get it back to the US for the winner.

I hope you check in after your trip and give us your thoughts on the Gem.

Pgh, thanks so much for letting me know your interpretation of the fans. I have to blame myself if you thought they had anything to do with having to go to the bathroom. They don't.

A joke is never funny when it has to be explained, but here goes: I am plagued with hot flashes. A sip of wine will bring one on. Heat will bring one on. No reason at all will bring one on.

I actually carry the fans with me so I can cool down if I'm hit with a hot flash. Of course, climbing the Acropolis in 100 degree heat required me to have my little fan blowing on my face the whole time. It was a sight, I'm sure.

In my off-beat "sense of humor world," I thought I would poke fun at my menopausal hot flashes by calling myself "One Hot Baby Boomer."

After your post, I'm looking at my video in a whole different light. :eek: I can see why you thought what you did.

Good grief. I didn't know it was possible to turn fuschia with embarrassment. :confused: Thanks for letting me know what you thought. Feedback is the only way I'll ever learn anything - not that I plan to ever post a video on the internet again! ;)

Archived