Question? Are there plugs by the bed on the "Jewel"

Ruth

From all the videos of folks showing their rooms down to every little detail, they have never shown a plug by the beds. Plugs are by the vanity and behind TV is what they have shown. In fact, I haven't seen any plugs on any cruiseline with plugs by the bed.

Have a great cruise! :)

I have the same problem. the cruise lines should recognize that bipap machine users, sleep apnea patients, require a plug next to the bed. The extention cords that usually work in hotels are too short for a safe hookup on board and make walking in the dark at night a hazzard.

There might be other valid reasons for not having a plug bedside, like preventing the use of hot appliances (irons)on the bed. Even battery charges for all our electronic devices can get very warm.

I too use a bpap machine for sleep apena, and I've never had a problem using the plug by the desk on the opposite wall from the bed without using an extension cord. Just move the small coffee table near the bed to place bpap machine on. Run the power cord to the plug, and run the bpap machine's air hose to the bed. No tripping concerns are caused, as the hose and cord lay on the floor. If you're afraid someone will trip over a cord on the floor because they never lift their feet while walking, tape the cord down with duct tape.

While I agree having an additional receptacle near the bed will be handy, I also know it's not impossible to use the one receptacle that's near the desk.

There are no plugs by the bed, but in our BA cabin there was one by the TV, one by the 'beauty bar' and a small one, top of the mirror in the bathroom (we put our nightlight there).

I always take an extension cord and 3 outlet power strip just in case.

Hope this helps!

Bon Voyage!

D Ann

Who has been on the Jewel and can tell me if there are plugs by the bed? I saw a light fixture....sometimes there is a plug near by...

Who knows....

I leave Thursday.....

I have had a mini suite and a OV the plugs were on the vanity. The OV was close because the room was smaller. The mini suite was all the way across the room. I just carry an extension cord.

Our last three cruises were on the Dawn in an AB. Because the bedroom is so far from the desk, in an alcove off the master bath, it is long reach to the bedside for a standard extention cord. Difficult, but not impossible.

No idea about outlets, but saw your name, Eileen, and had to check in. We were on Dawn with you, B, and A last December. Sounds like the Can-NE cruise was great. Did you manage to connect with family in Boston? Our best regards to all!!.....Tom & Molly

I too use a CPAP, and always carry a long extension cord. I plug a power strip into to the socket on the dresser. That gives me 5 sockets. I then plug in the extension cord, duct tape it across the floor to prevent tripping and leave it for the whole cruise. During the day I keep the mask and hose in a dresser drawer, but the machine is always ready to use at bedtime. No problem.

The power strip also gives us a place to recharge camera & laptop batteries.

Carole

I too use a CPAP, and always carry a long extension cord. I plug a power strip into to the socket on the dresser. That gives me 5 sockets. I then plug in the extension cord, duct tape it across the floor to prevent tripping and leave it for the whole cruise. During the day I keep the mask and hose in a dresser drawer, but the machine is always ready to use at bedtime. No problem.

The power strip also gives us a place to recharge camera & laptop batteries.

Carole

We both use a CPAP so an extension cord and power strip is a must. You never know where the outlets will be. I also carry batteries for my cam corder and cameras, got to keep everything charged.

Archived