Sante - How is it?

jzuzphreek

My wife and I just returned from The Carnival Legend......On Wednesday we visited the sante wellness spa......From the monment you walk into their house you feel very comfortable.......Not only did we get the best spa treatment we ever had,but everyone in the place made you feel right at home.I could have stayed there for the whole week instead of cruising.It was just that good.Any time I visit Roatan I will alos be at the sante wellness spa.

Thanks to Angela ,her husband & staff for everything........

I could go on and on about this place but do yourself a favor and try them if you ever get the chance.

Jim& Lana

Jim & Lana...

Did your ship dock at the Mahogany Bay Pier?

Did you have any trouble getting a taxi to take you to the Sante' Wellness Center? Where is the Taxi Location at the MB pier?

Did you book the taxi for a "round trip"? Cost of Taxi?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us about the above questions.

Pat :)

Pat..Not Lana or Jim here, but....

Once you have paid deposit, Angela sends a VERY detailed email including the taxi info from both piers. Here's the MB info:

Mahogany Bay Terminal: If your ship docks at Mahogany Bay, please exit the cruise terminal, left, and walk through the Plaza where the shops are

located. Pass through the orange gate to your right, pass the information

center, on the right, and continue towards the covered walkway. The taxi

parking lot is then to your left. Taxi dispatchers are in uniform. Any of

the dispatchers/drivers will arrange your transportation. Your destination:

Parrot Tree Plantation!! Inform the dispatcher and driver you are going to

the Sante' Wellness Center, in Parrot Tree Plantation, a destination, and

NOT an island tour. (Island Tours are much more expensive, so clarification

here is a good idea!)

Expect to pay $20 to $25 USD per person round trip.which is the set rate and

has been for the past several years.

Call the spa when you depart the terminal. All drivers carry phones;

9991-0474, 9931-9798, 408-5156. Doing so will give Sante' an idea when to

send the boat to our landing.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Roatan and it was our favorite stop on the cruise thanks to Santa Wellness Spa!! It was heaven! The property is beautiful and immaculate, the owners are friendly and so accomodating, lunch was so so yummy (fresh fresh shrimp) and the services were wonderful!! It was such a relaxing day for us, and if we go back to Roatan, we will visit Santa again! The best part...the two chairs that sit right in the back by the hot tub looking out on the ocean. I fell asleep!!! It it truly worth every dime and I recommend it highly!

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all these reviews (TripAdvisor reviews rave, also), I booked for our spot in January 2012..Angela did not bat an eye about it being so far out.

I'm a planner anyway, so it was no problem, and I did not want her to be all booked before I could get a confirmation.

Can't wait, thanks everybody for the reviews.

It's heaven! We were there on Thursday, December 16th. We were also there in February 2004, thanks to many recommendations on Cruise Critic. I've had a fun day comparing pictures from both trips! I've gotten quite a few comments on the pictures that I took. It's just a beautiful place. I was able to do yoga (on my own) while hubby had his massage, then it was my turn. Nothing more relaxing than doing yoga next to the beach!

Angela e-mailed me a few days in advance to let me and another couple know that we were both coming from the same ship and suggested that we might share a cab together. We did end up sharing a cab and it worked out wonderfully! We lucked out and had the BEST cab drive (Norma Bodden-same girl that does Angela's nails). Our new friends politely walked up to the taxi person and told him that we only wanted to pay $20 per person, round trip, from Mahogony Bay. We had no problems at all! Be sure to tell the cab drivers what you WANT to pay, instead of asking. Angela mentioned that someone had recently paid a LOT of money per person, which was extremely ridiculous. I thought $20, per person was more than enough for a $20 minute cab ride!

Truly a wonderful day! And so nice to see the different changes that they have made to their place. Wish we were there right now!!!

We spent the day at Sante Spa on our cruise aboard the Norwegian Epic in November 2010. It was the highlight of our cruise. We were the first people off of the ship and took a taxi ride to the Parrott Tree Plantation resort where Leon was there by boat to take us away to paradise.

My husband had a deep tissue massage and enjoyed it so much that he fell asleep. I had a skin deep spa package,parafin hand dip,facial,massage and body scrub. It was just amazing. We then relaxed by the beach and took a nap in the hammocks. Leon then served us a fabulous lunch. We left there around two and the taxi driver was waiting for us when we got back and gave us a little tour of the island on the way back to the ship. We would definitely return to the Sante Spa on our next trip to Roatan.

• 1 month later...

As every previous poster has written, we had a fabulous day at Sante. Started with an acupuncture session, followed by the BEST hot stone massage ever, and a facial with Angela.

Five of us from the Eclipse left the ship immediately at 8am and easily found the spa recommended dispatcher at the Port of Roatan kiosks, who arranged a van and driver to/from Parrot Tree marina. About a 40 minute trip for $20 pp RT, (Mahogany Bay is closer). Emsly Hyde and driver were helpful, knowledgeable and reliable. This contact was scheduled by the spa, but company is Hyde Tours, emslyhyde@yahoo.com

Sante is beautifully quiet and completely pampering. Lovely small pool and hammock area, lunch of grouper, rice and salad. After relaxing near the water on loungers and hot tub (there are many trees for shade), met driver at 3pm for return to ship. This was my first ever acupuncture treatment, though researched well before scheduling and attended a seminar/live demo on the ship. Liked the doctor at Sante and may continue treatment at home. Staff is trained by Angela..all excellent.

Highly recommend spending a day at this spa...it was our last port stop and the highlight of a girlfriend “spa week” in Aquaclass. Look at her website and a blog I previously posted in this thread....has amazing photos of this special place.

i am already rebooked ofr next jan.. while janet spa-ed all day i was snorkeling and in the hot tub.. it was very sunny- the next day it rained.. so bring a book to read under cover.

lunch wa great- came with beer or wine.

also there is a dog and parrots for those who are not pet lovers good to know. al pets are outside.

Just returned from our cruise and Sante Spa is WONDERFUL!! After a cab ride, we were greeted by the owned in a little boat and taken to this idyllic spot, Sante Spa! The home is magnificent, owners are very warm and gracious. Great massage and the grilled shrimp were delicious. We paid our initial deposit with paypal, which I liked! Did not have to give our credit card to strangers and had paypal protection! If you want a relaxing day in Roatan, far from the ship's crowds, DO NOT MISS this place! This is TRUE RELAXATION and HOSPITALITY!:)

On our recent Western Carib cruise on the Crown Princess my DH, BFF her DH and I spent a wonderful day at Sante. Following Angela's specific instructions we easily grabbed a cab at the port. As instructed we had our cab driver call ahead to let Angela know we were on our way. After a ride of about 20 minutes including a stop to admire the gorgeous view we arrived at the marina where we were picked up several minutes later by Angela's husband Leon and transported to the SPA. We all had FABULOUS massages followed by a delightful time in the Jacuzzi. The spa grounds are magnificent. The massage was the best ever!! Then we had a lovely luncheon prepared by Leon. After lunch Leon took us back to the marina where our driver Efraim was waiting to drive us back to the port. We all agreed it was THE BEST excursion. Just a wonderful day. :):):)

• 1 month later...

See my post #57 with details about Sante, but must add that I returned to Sante with my DH the last week in March. Again, another fabulous day! DH is OK but not wild about massages...and he LOVED the hot stone massage he had at Sante. I had the Espiritu package with hot stone massage and Ayurvedic Facial Massage with the Shiro Dhara, a totally new and rather oily experience for me but amazingly relaxing.

Again easily arranged a taxi with another couple from the Eclipse. Driver was waiting for us at 2pm and we were back on ship by 3. Sante is best option in Roatan; it is currently rated the #1 attraction by TripAdvisor there. To busyblonde, your dad can come along with you just to relax by pool and beach for a small fee..see FAQs for cruisers on Sante website. The DH of other couple did just that, though you might try to convince him to try a massage here...it's not the usual..so much better.

Anyone would be comfortable here even if they are not there for treatment. Pay the nominal fee and enjoy the beautiful deck, the wonderful birds, the hot tub by the water, the dipping pool, the palapa meditation area, and the wonderful fresh fish lunch served by Leon. There are beautiful rocking chairs on the porch and it is a marvelous spot to gaze out, to read. . .simply wonderful. A hard experience to describe really. And it is like the antidote to the overcrowdedness of a cruise--LOL. Very spiritual, soothing, and healing. But not strange at all (for anyone thinking it just sounds too new age-ish). Angela is so down to earth and friendly--but the spa treatments are the OUTSTANDING aspect and very affordable. Do not go on the ship if you can go to Sante. It will be half the cost (seriously) and twice as good.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, it was mentioned on another thread about spas in Roatan that Sante no longer offers lunch. However, after emailing Angela, she stated that due to popular demand, she will continue to offer a lunch to people spending a spa day at Sante. I highly recommend a visit to Sante.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I visited Sante last week.

Angela is an excellent massage therapist. (Almost as good as our dedicated masseur back home.)

Having the massage outside while listening to the water of the ocean

is magical.

The surroundings are beautiful and relaxing.

The lunch (shrimp) was excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a relaxing day at Sante' on 5/18/11. I was a passenger on the Carnival Dream and didn't like the excursions offered in Roatan. I searched the internet to see what else might be available in Roatan and found Sante' Wellness & Spa. I had wanted to have a spa on the ship, yet felt it was too expensive. So, when I found Sante', I figured why not!!! I really enjoyed my day at Sante' Wellness & Spa. My spa was wonderful; I had the Espiritu. It is very relaxing there. Angela & Leon open up their home to you and it's nice to just talk with them after your spa treatment and enjoy the grounds. I sat out back by the water and just relaxed for awhile. It was beautiful. I didn't even want to return to the ship, but it was my only transportation back to the US! :) For BusyBlond....I want you to know that I am single and was traveling with my daughter. She went ziplining and I ventured off to Sante'. I felt very safe doing so. Roatan is very beautiful, clean and the people were very nice. Angela gave me very specific instructions regarding finding my cab and meeting up with Leon at the Marina to get accross to their Caye. Everything worked out perfectly. I chose to stay about 4 hours and my driver was waiting for me at the dock when Leon took me back to the Marina. This was the first time, in 5 cruises, that I have ventured off by myself. I was a little hesitant, but did it anyway. I'm really glad I did. My taxi driver Hector was not fluent in English, but knew enough to get me to the dock and tell me some things about Roatan on our way. I was able to try out the little bit of Spanish with him as he asked for the translation into English for a few things on our ride. I felt very safe and would do this again. I look forward to visiting Roatan again so I can go visit Leon & Angela again.

• 3 months later...

Book early!

We inquired about two spots for a date about six months from now and they are already full. :(

They told us that they will be back in contact if something opens up.:)

Oh well, it gives us an excuse for another return visit ;) in addition to an excuse to use some emoticons.:p:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My friend and I just returned from a Caribbean cruise and wanted to comment about the Sante Wellness in the port of Roatan. Fabulous! We were a little hesitate about setting off independently of ship sponsored excursions, but after reading reviews about Sante, we made our reservation. This place is paradise. The owners, a wife/husband team, made us feel at home. Very safe. Very reasonable prices. Next time I cruise into Roatan, I will go again!

Had to write a review to extol the virtues of the Sante' Wellness Center in Roatan, Honduras. Stopped on a recent (Jan 10) Crown Princess cruise. My wife and I opted to visit the Sante' Wellness Center for a couples massage and a relaxing afternoon. It was an unbelievable experience. The massage was as good as I have ever had (and I've had more than a few)and the hospitality and surroundings were top shelf. Great hot tub right on the ocean, beautiful dipping pool and pavilions for lounging. Great lunch! Angela & Leon welcome you like family and open the who;e place for you complete pleasure. If you go to Roatan and don't go to Sante' you will have missed a great opportunity. I can't wait to get back.:):):):):)

Archived