mini bar question

huahin

hi: i have just booked my first seabourn cruise and am quite excited. it has been really helpful to read all the information on this site. yesterday i picked up a cruise book at the library. it said that the mini bar in our room will have 1 bottle champagne and 2 bottles of wine or spirits. anything after that has a replenishing fee??? is this correct???

I doubt you will be able to finish the bottles provided, as drinks are so readily available around the ship. Usually folks consider the suite to be a place to take a break or have a single drink. But I have never heard of a charge...especially if you ask nicely.

huahin,

Welcome to Seabourn! When is your 1st sailing?

Your sweet Stewardess will check your mini-bar daily and any liquor,beer, soft drinks, etc. will be replinished.

I like to keep Ginger Ale and fresh orange slices & mint in the fridge and usually upon boarding I'll just mention this to my Housekeeper ~~~VOILA!

(I take my own 'lit bottles of "Underberg." ~~~:confused: )

Again, welcome to our Seabourn family!:p

Martita B.

Wines will also be available~~~ on your pre-register form, just note your wine preference. You may enjoy purchasing a "Vintage Fine Wine Package" ~~visit with the sommelier. The well-stocked cellar wines are specially priced and a good value.

(matt....awww yes, any salty Norwegian Sailor carries "Underberg"

along with his Passport!)

Martita B.

anything after that has a replenishing fee??? is this correct???

I asked the stewardess and she told me as long as she can take away the empty bottle she can replace it at no charge. If she doesn't have an empty bottle to turn in, she must charge a fee.

As it turns out, I didn't have to ask. She checked the minibar each day and one day I returned to find a new bottle - out with the old, in with the new.

i never was able to finish the two bottles of spirits

additional champagne is offered by the glass for free by room service

only sent once for an an extra bottle that was opened for me by barwaiter and served out for me and my 2 guests

Archived