Hotels with shuttles in Galveston?

mzewe

I have searched the boards, and can't find a good answer. Can anyone list some (or all) of the hotels with a FREE shuttle to the pier? I know lots of hotels offer free parking, but finding info on hotel shuttles is proving more difficult to find.

I made a couple of phoone calls today, and this is what I found:

Quality Inn and Suites - Free Parking but no shuttle.

Comfort Inn Free Parking if you use their shuttle to the pier at a cost of $5.00 per person each way.

I quit calling after this as I booked the Quality Inn, but I really think that it would be nice if others would add to this list so that in the future there was a comprehensive list.

I know that the Tremont and the Galvez, both Wyndham hotels, have free cruise parking (can't remember if they charge for non-cruise parking) and shuttle, and the Hilton Resort has free self parking and shuttle.

Harbor House has free cruise parking ($10 per day otherwise) but no shuttle. It is within walking distance of the pier. We drive everyone and luggage to the pier, return to HH parking lot with car, and driver walks back in about 5 minutes.

Patti

The Tremont has a $10 valet parking fee for the night you stay there, but then you can drive your car to the Galvez parking garage and take their shuttle back to the Tremont and walk with your group to the pier or they can drop you off at the pier. Earlier this year (group of 8, 2 cars) we stayed at the Tremont. Around 10am, most of the group stayed at the hotel while 2 of us drove the luggage to the porters at the pier, then drove to Galvez, parked and took the shuttle back to the Tremont, then we all walked the 3 blocks to the terminal.

Is anyone going on the Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston on 1/6/08 and need a room. I have negotiated a group rate at a nice hotel that includes parking for the week, shuttle and continental breakfast for $119 a night. Not everyone in our group has decided to stay so we may not have enough rooms booked to make the group rate.

If you are interested reply to this post and I will contact you privately.

I researched Galveston hotel information for a whole day last week. I've attached a text file with several hotels listed with information about general pricerange, parking, shuttle and breakfast. I had it with some more information in a nice table on Word but it was too large to attach so I converted it to text. Please be sure to check all information for accuracy before you book as things do change.

Galveston Hotel Info.txt

Thanks Agutaya for the list. I know how much time that must have taken you. I spent hours myself looking for a hotel in Galveston on every travel site. I finally booked the Hilton for $80.00. It includes free parking and free shuttle. They also have a light breakfast. I heard the shuttle does not leave till after 11:00. We may just have my DH drop the kids, the luggage and myself at the terminal and he will drive back to the Hilton and park and take a taxi if the shuttle does not work out. We are going to be flexiable on the way back also.

Pamela

You're welcome, HSM. Yes, it took some time, but I enjoy doing things like that. I thought of the Hilton for our group but I read somewhere the shuttle doesn't start until noon. You might want to check on that. It could help you decide on a taxi or not. You also may find some other cruisers who don't want to wait that long. You could get your stuff and most people to the terminal then return the vehicles to the Hilton and share a cab back to the terminal to save some money. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn on the Beach and the Hilton. Both offer free parking and free shuttle(I believe that the San Luis offers both also). When we stayed at both places, we were scheduled to leave on the shuttle before 11am(we left at 10 and 10:30am). We never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up after the cruise. They give you a phone # to call if you don't see the shuttle and they will tell you how soon they will be there.

I am going on the Voyager in February and hope it's not too late to reserve a room!

Hockeyfreaks, glad to hear you had good luck with the Holiday Inn and the Hilton. I checked the Holiday Inn and the price they gave me for a group was more than the one I got and they had less amenities. If I remember correctly the Hilton was booked for our January cruise, but don't quote me. I checked lots of hotels and could have it mixed up with another one.

Archived