Question as to Seabourn's silk scarves and ties?

Martita B.

Sailor's.

While aboard the Pride last Christmas I was given a gorgeous silk Seabourn navy/gold scarf with the Seabourn logo shield. I noticed a few men wearing the Seabourn navy with gold shield logo neckties.

I understood that these items were given as prizes for different events. ~~akin to the Seabourn bears, lions, etc.

I had never seen the scarves or the ties before ~~and haven't seen any since. These are fabulous, goodlooking silk items. Has anyone won or even seen these aboard a ship lately?

Martita B.

Martha--When I was on Pride's Christmas/New Year's cruise in 2005 everyone was give a Christmas gift: a lovely cut crystal vase/pitcher which matched the suite wine and old-fashioned glasses (now sadly discontinued). Perhaps your silk scarf was 2006's version of a special Christmas gift. Please bring it along next week; I was a neckwear buyer for Lord & Taylor in my previous life and would love to see it.

PS see you at the Sky Bar after (or before) lifeboat drill!!!

Winnie

Winnie,

Seabourn's Christmas gift to the Guests was a beautifully boxed professional, elegant wine opener ~~~quite expensive, I am sure.

As I have several "wine opener's" at home I gave mine to my friends from Ft. Laud that picked me up when I disembarked Jan 7th. And actually, the handsome black box was too heavy/bulky to fly with ~~~the wine enthusiast's Guest's were thrilled!

These silk Seabourn scarves and neckties were prizes ~~~Trivia, golf putting, "Name That Tune, ~~~but mine, I didn't win.....was a gift;) ! I was so excited thinking, "welll goody, we all have e'nuff stuffed "critters"~~~something good looking to wear is a most pleasant change.

I've not heard another word about the Seabourn scarves or neckties! Wonder where they are:confused: ? I'll bring my scarf.

I'll see you at the new/improved Sky Bar ~~I'll be perched on my same-'ole stool!

Have a safe, nice weekend!

Martita B.

wripro,

My thoughts too! The Seabourn scarves and neckties are really lovely~~and we can use them.:p

Have you noticed Seabourn is no longer using the colors, navy, gold & white? Now the colors are black & gold. Clothing in the boutiques are now black with the gold shield~~~

I will inquire as to the scarves and neckties next week.:confused:

Martita B.

Johnny,

How could the scarves & neckties be discontinued when, as far as I know, they were being introduced?:confused: In my cruisin' Seabourn, I had never seen (or heard of) the silk scarves & ties. It's a 'lit mystery~

Reminds me of the navy (with gold shield logo) plastic luggage tag with our name and "Club Member Number"~~~ we were given these back in 2000 ~~what happened to these???:cool: Did you ever receive one?

wripro

A small "semi-mutiny" petition might help send an SOS request:

"we would like the silk scarves & neckties for prizes!!:D "

I would certainly rather have these nice silk accessories than a

stuffed critter, umbrella, bookmark, mugs, etc. !

Martita B.

The packaging the scarves and ties came in looked like they came from a uniform supply company. I'm guessing they used to be worn by the front desk and tour desk staff.

The tie does go well with a navy blazer and the logo makes me feel like an honorary member of Phi Beta Seabourn!:D

Johnny,

I didn't notice that many of these scarves & ties while aboard ~~did you? Really strange because on the New Year's Eve sailing I was on the team that won "Liar's Club" and the CD's gave stuffed Bears for prizes:confused:

I'll start investigating ~~~;)

MB

Well, Martita, I was only with you on the first week of your three-week voyage ... but here's a clue:

I remember they gave them out to everyone who participated at trivia - Marla had a big ol' bag of 'em, all hermetically sealed - she was handing them out like candy on Halloween - and we were the kids! I surely wouldn't have gotten one otherwise - my team came in third place:mad:

And to Matt ... one of them is still safely wrapped in its "Uniforms to You" wrapper. Guess I better head over to eBay!

Johnny,

As I don't play Trivia (as you know) I didn't see Marla giving them out ~~~mine was a gift, the following week.

Pleeeeze put your "3 treaures" in your safety deposit bank box as they will be invaluable one of these days!;)

Wish our Marketing manager would order us the black & gold logo shield scarves and ties!

Pinkie

Archived