Dining Quandry

yoleven

My wife and I are considering joining some relatives for a Christmas cruise on the MAASDAM but we need to get early seating. The HAL website shows early lower closed and early upper waitlisted. But main lower is also closed and main upper is waitlisted. I am confused. Is the dining room overbooked? There are many cabins left but dining room options appear to be booked up. Can anyone explain this?:confused:

My wife and I are considering joining some relatives for a Christmas cruise on the MAASDAM but we need to get early seating. The HAL website shows early lower closed and early upper waitlisted. But main lower is also closed and main upper is waitlisted. I am confused. Is the dining room overbooked? There are many cabins left but dining room options appear to be booked up. Can anyone explain this?:confused:

What it means the fixed dining times are full or wait listed.

They are trying anytime dining on some ships.

This means that you can come anytime from 6pm to 9pm and get a table

but not the same table or tablemates each time.

:):)

They are trying anytime dining on some ships.

This means that you can come anytime from 6pm to 9pm and get a table

but not the same table or tablemates each time.

:):)

As You Wish dining doesn't start on the Maasdam until 4/24/08, so all times are traditional until then.

It could be that there are some groups aboard that have taken large blocks of the lower dining times.

It is my understand that AYW dining has not yet started on Maasdam and will not begin until about March. If your relatives are confirmed for the dining time you desire, it may help if you have your TA link your booking to theirs and you may be able to get the same dining time by that method.....when they realize your family wants to have dinner together.

It's worth a try. ;) Hope it works.

This is just a suggestion but I think I would call the 800 Royal Caribbean 800 # and ask about the confusion. It seems strange to me that the dining rooms would already have a wait list this early. If you have your booking number they will answer any questions. Good luck

micked10

:) As John says........

HUH???? Maasdam/HAL..... Call Royal Caribbean? :confused:

You didn't say WHICH Christmas. Is it Christmas 2007 or 2008? If 2008, then As You Wish will be in full swing and you just all show up together at 6:00pm, or make a reservation together for 5:30, and you should be all set.

(Oh -- I guess Maasdam doesn't yet HAVE a Christmas 2008 cruise on its schedule, so never mind).

Those with young children usually prefer early seating. Older cruisers often prefer early seating. And it seems those in between are also increasingly prefering early seating. ( It was not that long ago that the opposite was true) When they all converge, as they are apt to do on a holiday sail, some passengers are apt to be dissappointed when they are not able to obtain their seating of choice.

As others have said, perhaps your travel agent can advocate on your behalf.

It is my understand that AYW dining has not yet started on Maasdam and will not begin until about March. If your relatives are confirmed for the dining time you desire, it may help if you have your TA link your booking to theirs and you may be able to get the same dining time by that method.....when they realize your family wants to have dinner together.

It's worth a try. ;) Hope it works.

we are on Maasdam in early December this year and our TA indicated that they had already started the AYW deal and we were on it till we objected and our TA then got traditional seating early for us.

harry

I am confused too .. I AYW dining hasn't started .. and two are closed and two are waitlisted .. do they expect people to go to the buffet or are there more seatings I am unaware of ?

They will have seats for all in the main dining room at one of the seatings. Many folks have encountered the waitlist but ultimately get the seating of their choice. You won't have to dine in Lido..... only if you wish to.

we are on Maasdam in early December this year and our TA indicated that they had already started the AYW deal and we were on it till we objected and our TA then got traditional seating early for us.

harry

Your TA is wrong. As I said, AYW on the Maasdam starts 4/24/08. In Dec EVERYBODY still has traditional. Give you TA this link.

harry

I just had it confirmed from a most reliable source that Maasdam will implement AYW Dining on April 24, 2008. You may wish to advise your TA so (s)he will be up to date with their info. Hope this is helpful to you.

I just had it confirmed from a most reliable source that Maasdam will implement AYW Dining on April 24, 2008. You may wish to advise your TA so (s)he will be up to date with their info. Hope this is helpful to you.

Here are the implementation dates for all HAL ships. This information is also available on HAL's website.

Noordam- Implemented

Ryndam-10/11/07

Volendam-11/13/07

Statendam-12/18/07

Oosterdam-1/5/08

Rotterdam-1/27/08

Zaandam-2/3/08

Westerdam-2/24/08

Zuiderdam-3/15/08

Veendam-4/6/08

Maasdam-4/24/08

Amsterdam-5/16/08