Le Saint Bonnet

jobster71

The menu you get at the restaurant is in Spanish/French/English. I speak a bit of Spanish, but some of the menu items were above my ability, so it was nice to be able to read the descriptions in English! They have many seafood items, plus sandwiches and such. We only had complimentary chips and salsa, because we just weren't hungry. I would say the prices are comparable to a restaurant in the states, perhaps a bit high for Mexico. But we are talking fresh seafood here, so it is probably worth it. Sol beer was $2 each and my pina coladas were $4 each. The owner is Canadian. Some of the servers didn't speak a lot of English, but we never really had a language problem. The local vendors were allowed to roam through the restaurant and try to sell their goods or sing for you. I have to admit it was a bit annoying to have so many interruptions. However, a "no thank you" sent them on their way for the most part. The service was prompt, no complaints there. The bathrooms were clean and there is a small pool in the back. The setting was very nice. I got the feeling that the owner didn't care for the cruise ship traffic. Progresso is a Mexican tourist area and the cruise ships aren't needed for the economy. I just felt he wasn't thrilled with our presence. I'm glad we went there, but on another trip I think we'll give business to another place. Hope this helps.

Dawn

Archived