Zaandam

noraliza

HAL is trying to do the best... It's good. But sometimes the guests want more, as always. The secret of crew and staff of Zaandam is, that they are to smart - they are working so hard, they don't care about the money only to prove, that they like this job, like this ship and that they are respons:cool:ible for life on Zaandam. I saw it, and I was very proud:cool: :) :rolleyes: BRAVO !!!!!!!!!! crew&staff on this unforgetable ship...!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the point is that Noraliza likes Zaandam.

We do too! Just returned from 10 days down the west coast of Mexico on Zaandam. The ship, the staff and crew were all in fine form.

Our cabin steward, the dining room staff and the general staff throughout the ship were, without exception, pleasant and helpful. Nowhere did we see any bad attitudes. If they were unhappy, they kept it to themselves.

The food and service were just what we have come to expect from HAL. The menu consolidation made no difference in how we ordered our dinner or in how it was presented.

Our table for two on the upper balcony rail was perfect.

Lido was well staffed and there was plenty of help where needed. It was also well serviced during meals. Beverage cart always on the move

The ship itself was clean, elegant, and very comfortable. Many areas of carpet had just been replaced and the process was ongoing. Zaandam was in wonderful condition in my opinion.

We like this ship very much. The itinerary was full and interesting with six ports in ten days.

What's not to like!

Noraliza,

If you are monitoring please answer this post as I will be sailing on this ship shortly.

HAL is trying to do the best... It's good. But sometimes the guests want more, as always.
What do you mean by this? Are you a crew member that is in trouble due to a guest reporting you?
The secret of crew and staff of Zaandam is, that they are to smart - they are working so hard, they don't care about the money only to prove, that they like this job, like this ship and that they are respons:cool:ible for life on Zaandam.
Was there some misunderstanding that made someone think that the crew was working only for the money? This statement does not make sense to me as most people work for the money. Very few have the luxury of jobs that they would work regardless of the pay.
I saw it, and I was very proud:cool: :) :rolleyes: BRAVO !!!!!!!!!! crew&staff on this unforgetable ship...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly what did you see that caused you to make this statement?

DFD1, this does not read like a passenger praising a ship. I will be sailing on this ship shortly and this type of post causes me to be concerned, which may be the reason for the post. Also, please note that this is only the second post by noraliza and the first one is a duplicate of this post.

Just my two cents, and I could be wrong, but I think NoraLiza is simply a Zaandam staff/crew member for whom English is not a first language. She/He sounds proud of being a HAL employee. She/He may be trying to communicate to us that the HAL crews try their best, not only because of the financial remuneration, but because they have a sense of "ownership" of their work. There may not be anything more to it than that.

HAL employees do post here from time to time, representing various departments and levels. Some stick around for a while, some make a few posts and we never hear from them again, and I'm sure, many others simply monitor this board and read.

I have cruised on Zaandam, and I thought the service onboard was excellent. Again, just my two cents.

Karin

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seemed to me the op was trying to make a point about the quality of the Zaandam and it's crew/staff. I would not hazzard a guess about his or her motives or position.

My follow-up post was simply to point out my experiences and support what I thought was the original intent.

As for concerns about cruising on Zaandam, I have sailed on her twice and would sail on her again with no hesitation.

We just returned home from a 15 day back-to-back and couldn't have been happier with the staff and ship.

I don't even remember once carrying my own tray in Lido and I'm not handicapped or incapable. Everyone was positive and eager to help. The ship was very clean.

We had a new cruise director for the ten day part who stepped in at the last minute and he was one of the BEST we've ever had. Always "everywhere" and softspoken on the microphone.

While we DID have severe noise problems on three occasions in our cabin, we were finally moved............we happened to be UNDER all the

off-loading luggage at 4 a.m. in San Diego and ABOVE the tender noise in tender ports........I think I shall reject the upgrade fairy visits after this.;) Cruise and learn!!

Zaandam was wonderful.:)

Just had to put my two cents in, too. Out of nine Holland America cruises, seven have been on Zaandam.

Zaandam is 'our' ship! We just love the ship, crews and destinations.

She is the perfect size and degree of elegance. We've met great people and had wonderful times. Who wouldn't love it?

We hope to sail on her again in future. [After the Eurodam, that is!:)]

LoyHAL

Cruised on Zaandam to Alaska this summer. Captain Jeroen Baijens -- the youngest captain in the HAL fleet and on his first contract as Master, having just been promoted from first officer -- sets the tone. Captain Baijens has spent his whole carrer with HAL. He loves cruise ships and it shows. I was told that the whole crew likes him very much. He went out of his way to make the experience as good as possible for the guests, taking us as far up Tracy Arm Fjord as possible, through a variety of passages on the inside passage to give us some spectacular scenery, and to several glaciers in Glacier Bay. I would definitely cruise with him again. I've been on several cruises and it's obvious that the Captain sets the tone for the crew and therefore the whole ship.

Just home after a 15 day back-to-back on the Z and there is a new captain now. He was on when we boarded in Vancouver.

The crew is still magnifique................wonderful..................efficient

and

SMILING all the time.

We found the crew of the Zaandam to be very hard-working and pleasant when we sailed a couple of years ago.

Do you work on the Zaandam?

Of course, it is no secret, I worked, but now, no more:( , but I have vacations:D and my memories from there are:cool: ;) :eek: :) .....

Noraliza,

If you are monitoring please answer this post as I will be sailing on this ship shortly.

I can only say, that Zaandam is amazing ship..., like life. Go there and try, I am sure, that You will back, and back, and back......... I know the Guests, who likes live there. Good choice!:)

Noraliza,

sorry, i always make mistake, my english is of course my last language, but.... if someone want understand me - I think - no problem What I want only say is, that Zaandam is very good ship, also for staff. Nobody is perfect. But Zaandam isn't human, soooooooo..... Everybody has soul, every human different, if You want to have unforgettable vacations, go there, first know Zaandam by yourself, than You can choose the best way to live there as You wish. Like everywhere. Zaandam was my first -job-ship, first and last, I think, but I will go there soon for Mexico Cruis. Why not?????????:D :cool:

All the best from WARSAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) noraliza - BMMFNDS-man

well, if everyone love the Zaandam; you need to post some reveiws to the review page. It looks very sad over there. anyone using the reviews to decide on the Zaandam would see alot of 1's and 2's. Way more than most ships get even allowing for folks that like to report bad stuff.

It's alot easier for a newbie to get the reviews than search over here and sort through many threads for info.

Just a heads up.

So, tell me what is the point or what is this thread about? I must have missed something somewhere.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... sorry, maybe You want "talk" in German, because we can also talk in Indonesian, but it will be more funny that english........

Thanks for checking back in. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

sad but true............ my vacations..... the weather in Poland is......., to cold, like Galcier Bay............. (sorry for enlish-mistakes......, for all mistakes........ :):):) ),,,,, but, of course i will back on Zaandam...... it will take some time, but, ZAANDAM is my favourite Ship, I was proud, that I work there. Like Everyone there, I hope......!!!!!!!:confused::)

Thanks for checking back in. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

sad but true............ my vacations..... the weather in Poland is......., to cold, like Galcier Bay............. (sorry for enlish-mistakes......, for all mistakes........ :):):) ),,,,, but, of course i will back on Zaandam...... it will take some time, but, ZAANDAM is my favourite Ship, I was proud, that I work there. Like Everyone there, I hope......!!!!!!!:confused::)

Just home after a 15 day back-to-back on the Z and there is a new captain now. He was on when we boarded in Vancouver.

The crew is still magnifique................wonderful..................efficient

and

SMILING all the time.

When You will ever hear this piece, You will know this special kind of SMILE. Human-smile. Normal smile, sometimes sweet, sometimes "bitterrrrrrrrrrr", but.......... smile, in F-MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! green like VIth Symphony by Beeth., like............. very good life! :mad:

.... on this Ship is Houskeeping and Dinning Room staff&crew. I worked with Them, I saw Their hard work, somethimes we were tired... like everyone after everyday-hard work, but we were/are Friends & IT means for me everythink... that is THE pOiNt..........

ALL THE BEST, MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!

bmmfns-man

Archived