Split, Croatia???

Having just returned, I would just walk about the town and in particular the Diocletian's Palace (which is a walled town rather than a palace in the English sense of the word) where, apparently, 200000 people live. Just outside and facing the harbour there is a pleasant cafe/restaurant area under cover of awnings but there are also many other places to eat. We actually took a ship excursion in Split to the Krka National Park as our friends wanted to to this and indeed it was pleasant to get out into the countryside away from man-made structures. Afterwards, we took a short walk around the Palace. Our ship was tied-up only about a five minute walk away from the Palace.

Having just returned' date=' I would just walk about the town and in particular the Diocletian's Palace (which is a walled town rather than a palace in the English sense of the word) where, apparently, 200000 people live. Just outside and facing the harbour there is a pleasant cafe/restaurant area under cover of awnings but there are also many other places to eat. We actually took a ship excursion in Split to the Krka National Park as our friends wanted to to this and indeed it was pleasant to get out into the countryside away from man-made structures. Afterwards, we took a short walk around the Palace. Our ship was tied-up only about a five minute walk away from the Palace.[/quote']

I just booked the tour to Krka National Park. How was the tour? Worth taking?

I just booked the tour to Krka National Park. How was the tour? Worth taking?

Well ..... we enjoyed it even though it was a cloudy day with a few spots of rain. A shaft or two of sunlight would have been good. :D Basically, it's a walk through a forest on a pathway with a few photo spots. The main point of the walk is to see the 17 cascades called Skradinski buk.

On reflection, I think that we should have saved our money and walked about Split, as we have never been to Croatia before.

So, somewhere in there, there is a "but ...".

PS If I am allowed to insert a photo of the cascades and someone can tell me how to do it then I will do so.

Well ..... we enjoyed it even though it was a cloudy day with a few spots of rain. A shaft or two of sunlight would have been good. :D Basically' date=' it's a walk through a forest on a pathway with a few photo spots. The main point of the walk is to see the 17 cascades called Skradinski buk.

On reflection, I think that we should have saved our money and walked about Split, as we have never been to Croatia before.

So, somewhere in there, there is a "but ...".

PS If I am allowed to insert a photo of the cascades and someone can tell me how to do it then I will do so.[/quote']

Thanks. The waterfalls is the reason I booked the tour. I just love waterfalls. Also the tour sounds so different then our other stops in Italy, I thought it would add a change in pace. I thought we may need a refreshing break from Museums by the time we get to Croatia.

A side trip to nearby Trogir is worthwhile--it's a pretty town on the water with a beautiful small church and a waterfront strolling area. It's a reasonable bus excursion from Split. You can see Split in a few hours, so there's time to do both.

Les

We just returned from our cruise on the Royal Princess and while in Split we

took the ship's tour which took us to Trogir in the morning and then a walking tour of Split and the Palace when we returned. After the tour we spent some time walking in the city and looking in the shops. We enjoyed our time there and hope you have a great cruise.

Archived