What is the lightest you have ever packed?

lovebirds02

Now back packs are a bit too minimal for me. BUT my previous cruise partner and I wanted a break before the Dec holidays got too crazy at the hospital. We took a 4 night RCCL cruise. Each of us only brought a carry on. We talked before and knew that we would NOT eat in the DR and wanted to JUST relax the entire time. He did have one pr of Kahai pants and I did have one sundress. But we lived in our swim wear and shorts. As I look back over my cruises I have had, that one stands out as one of my favorites.

The lightest we have ever packed - 10 night cruise to Mexico with carry-on luggage only and we brought full snorkel gear.

I have become a huge fan of packing light and I always read any thread about packing light for tips.

I think 3 nights with only backpacks is very reasonable. But don't let it limit your dining options on the ship. A simple black skirt, nice sleeveless top with a shawl and you can go into any dining venue but it is up to you.

For me packing light is finding multiple uses for everything I bring and it can be a lot fun in the right mindset.

Some of us in the Aero Club at WPAFB flew from Ohio to the Bahamas for a week in single engine Piper 4 & 6 seaters in the 80s. We were limited to a total of 15 pounds apiece.

On a 4 night Sovereign we had a carryon apiece. We did eat in the dining room excpt for formal night.

That we will wear our "dinner attire" on the plane. Then we will pack:

In my bag:

2 bikinis

1 coverup

1 pair of shorts

1 tshirt

1 wrinklefree sundress

Flipflops

Toothbrush/paste

Comb

In DH's bag:

2 swimsuits