Actually Got a Phone Call From Vicky Freed....

TwinMom7

About ten days ago, I emailed Vicky Freed at Carnival and "very nicely" expressed my disappointment with the fact that Carnival was not replacing the port of Costa Maya during our sailing dates and that we were getting an extra “at sea” day. I told her how a small group of us had sailed on the Glory and we were now taking a very LARGE group of 40 on this sailing. I also told her that because of the size of our group, there was no way we could change ships - since many had already purchased airfare.

I really didn’t expect to hear back from her. Well, I didn’t get an email, I got a very detailed voice mail message last Tuesday – while I had my daughter at the doctor. It was a really nice message, explaining the whole thing. So, I emailed her on Wednesday and thanked her for her response. I told her that we’d have a great time no matter what and that us girls would be lined up on the Lido Deck with a good book and a “Kiss on the Lips”, while the guys found their way to the sports bar. She called back AGAIN, while I was at lunch and wanted to reassure us that we would not be disappointed and then added that she’d never had a “Kiss on the Lips”. So….I emailed her one last time, thanking her – and sending her a picture of one and telling her to get herself onboard a Carnival ship and have one.

About 15 minutes ago, I get a phone call from another lady at Carnival who told me that she was calling on behalf of Vicki Freed. She wanted to know our group booking number and then asked for my cabin number. I gave her the information.

Hmmm – maybe I’ve made a friend in Vicki Freed and I’ll get a box of chocolates!!!!

About ten days ago, I emailed Vicky Freed at Carnival and "very nicely" expressed my disappointment with the fact that Carnival was not replacing the port of Costa Maya during our sailing dates and that we were getting an extra “at sea” day. I told her how a small group of us had sailed on the Glory and we were now taking a very LARGE group of 40 on this sailing. I also told her that because of the size of our group, there was no way we could change ships - since many had already purchased airfare.

I really didn’t expect to hear back from her. Well, I didn’t get an email, I got a very detailed voice mail message last Tuesday – while I had my daughter at the doctor. It was a really nice message, explaining the whole thing. So, I emailed her on Wednesday and thanked her for her response. I told her that we’d have a great time no matter what and that us girls would be lined up on the Lido Deck with a good book and a “Kiss on the Lips”, while the guys found their way to the sports bar. She called back AGAIN, while I was at lunch and wanted to reassure us that we would not be disappointed and then added that she’d never had a “Kiss on the Lips”. So….I emailed her one last time, thanking her – and sending her a picture of one and telling her to get herself onboard a Carnival ship and have one.

About 15 minutes ago, I get a phone call from another lady at Carnival who told me that she was calling on behalf of Vicki Freed. She wanted to know our group booking number and then asked for my cabin number. I gave her the information.

Hmmm – maybe I’ve made a friend in Vicki Freed and I’ll get a box of chocolates!!!!

You will probably get a upgrade to the owners suite:D

Who is she?

VP of Sales and Marketing. If there's a change to your itinerary, she's the one who sends you the "form" letter. There have been a lot of people on this board who have contacted her over the past few weeks (just a little aggravated) and received no response. That's why I was SO shocked to get not one, but two phone calls.

Vicki Freed is a very sharp lady. While she and I have not always agreed, it has always been handled with respect. She is truly an asset to Carnival.

I was in great hopes that she would get the nod for President when Uncle Bob retired. But alas, it was not meant to be. There was some talk of her not having broad enough experience across the board.

Personally, she deals with the customer every day and that is enough "experience" for me.

I know Cahill will do a good job, but (being a bean counter myself) I have always thought that customer driven corporations like cruise lines do best when they have the "heart" at the wheel and the "bean counter" keeping the "heart" realistic.

Have a great cruise!!

Excellent words LHP. I do hope the OP will post and let us know what happens. I love Carnival. Happy sails to all.

Well, I have 171 days to wait and see what surprises await me in Cabin 7376. We sail on the Glory on April 5 - Western Caribbean. That will be the last sailing with only 3 ports of call - two weeks later, Roatan comes back on the schedule.

Archived