Camera stolen. Got pics Crown 9/22-9/29?

denalialaska

My daughter and I were aboard the Crown Princess Sept 22 thru 29. Our first cruise together. On day 5, our camera was stolen and along with it, our vacation photos:( . If you were on this voyage and don't mind sharing your pictures of the various ports and also the crewmembers aboard the Crown, we would be extremely grateful.:D Some of you might remember Crystal, my daughter. She is the one who stood up and did the Irish jig when nobody else did!!! She loves the stage. :cool: Except for the disappointment of loosing our camera, we had an awesome experience onboard, shared some quality time with one another, and met some terrific people. It is a real shame that whomever picked up our missing camera did not turn it in to the pursers desk. :confused: I would gladly have let them keep the camera as a reward for getting us our pictures back.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who is willing to help us fill in the blanks in our scrapbook, and I hope to someday see you again on another Princess voyage.

Laura floydandlaura@hotmail.com 907-252-7643

So sorry your camera was stolen!:(

You also might want to contact PCL to see if your DD dance ended up on the souvenier DVD they put out for each cruise, they usually tape neat events like that for each cruise.

Webshots, youtube and photobucket are good places to look for photos.

good luck!

At two different times, on two different cruises we found very expensive cameras, just laying around.......just the thought that someone's life is inside these cameras is enough for me to turn the camera into the Purser's desk.

We were rewarded both times for doing this......how sweet was that?

Please fellow passengers...if you find someone's camera is just sitting around and was momentarily forgotten......please, please turn it over to the Purser......someone's memories are in this device...

If you could bankroll a cruise.....you can bankroll your own camera!!!!!!!

If you look up on the roll call of the Crown for 9/30/07, trainman52 has excellent photos posted, maybe he could help you out. I was on the voyage after you and I could possibly upload some to send to you. Did you lose the camera or was it stolen? I know it doesn't matter, just curious. Keep checking with Princess(lost & found).

Everytime I scroll past this thread and see the word "stolen" in it I get an uneasy feeling. Did you file a stolen property report with the purser? Did they give you a copy of the crime report?

I hesitate to use the word stolen when I keep losing my cellphone and the finder fails to take a few simple steps to get it back to me. I just take it out on myself for being careless. I hope your camera turns up!

Thank you so much, Arizona. Wow, you really went above and beyond as did someone who's e-mail says her name is Mary. I hope you both know what a difference you have made for my daughter and I. Hopefully, we can meet onboard again someday.:o

Good point, Suburban.

I would really not worry too much about theft onboard. We were careless and left our camera behind. I must say that when we checked with the pursers desk, which we did at least a dozen times, we found that lots of cameras were reported lost onboard and all but two of them were turned in by honest passengers. Most people onboard are very honest and would never think of keeping someone else's property, especially a camera and all those memories.

Either my daughter or myself had the camera last in the Wheelhouse Lounge where we sat to relax while waiting for the start time of one of the shows in the theatre. When we got to the theatre and realized the camera was missing, my daughter went back to look for it. However, by the time she got there it was gone. Like I said, we checked with Passenger Services right away because I really believe most passengers are honest and I was confident that our camera was safely waiting in Lost and Found.

Yes, we filled out all the paperwork onboard. And I would like to commend the crew at Passenger Services as well as the Wheelhouse Lounge. They handled our predicament very professionally. Every time we passed one of these crewmembers, they remembered us and each of them asked us each and every time we saw them whether or not our camera had been recovered. We are still in contact with Princess Lost & Found in California, just in case someone may still turn the camera in after having disembarked. We still have a glimmer of hope that someone may have picked it up by accident, and maybe just forgot to turn it in.

progress.gif

So your original post where you said it was stolen on 2 occasions is wrong?

I guess that was to get our attention, just wrong wording. Mis-placed/forgotten in lounge would have been better. Maybe it is still in the Wheelhouse and stuck in or under something? I did send photos, but I know it is not the same as having the ones that you would personally take.

So your original post where you said it was stolen on 2 occasions is wrong?

Hi, My original post only mentions one missing camera. I think someone else posted a message mentioning having found cameras on two separate occasions. And, yes, I did in a later post say that we left the camera behind at the Wheelhouse Lounge. The stolen verbiage comes in when whomever found it chose not to turn it in to lost and found.

In anycase, we have received pics from two individuals from Cruise Critic and we are very grateful. Thank you. I know it took some time to send all of those pics, and we appreciate your generousity.:o

Hi, My original post only mentions one missing camera. I think someone else posted a message mentioning having found cameras on two separate occasions. And, yes, I did in a later post say that we left the camera behind at the Wheelhouse Lounge. The stolen verbiage comes in when whomever found it chose not to turn it in to lost and found.

In anycase, we have received pics from two individuals from Cruise Critic and we are very grateful. Thank you. I know it took some time to send all of those pics, and we appreciate your generousity.:o

Actually you titled the thread "Camera stolen...." rather than "I put my camera down and forgot to pick it up?

and then later in the OP that it was stolen which is to what I eluded rather than the post regarding the found cameras

Still glad you got your pix

Britsbest- I agree with you the Thread said stolen, not lost. To say someone just didn't turn it in, and think it was stolen. Who knows, except the camera. Maybe the discription of the camera wasn't given properly, wrong color, brand, etc. So it could be still in the pile of lost items. It could still be there and nobody has found it. So many variables. I agree Lost would have been a better title.

Good point, Suburban.

I would really not worry too much about theft onboard. We were careless and left our camera behind. I must say that when we checked with the pursers desk, which we did at least a dozen times, we found that lots of cameras were reported lost onboard and all but two of them were turned in by honest passengers. Most people onboard are very honest and would never think of keeping someone else's property, especially a camera and all those memories.

Either my daughter or myself had the camera last in the Wheelhouse Lounge where we sat to relax while waiting for the start time of one of the shows in the theatre. When we got to the theatre and realized the camera was missing, my daughter went back to look for it. However, by the time she got there it was gone. Like I said, we checked with Passenger Services right away because I really believe most passengers are honest and I was confident that our camera was safely waiting in Lost and Found.

Yes, we filled out all the paperwork onboard. And I would like to commend the crew at Passenger Services as well as the Wheelhouse Lounge. They handled our predicament very professionally. Every time we passed one of these crewmembers, they remembered us and each of them asked us each and every time we saw them whether or not our camera had been recovered. We are still in contact with Princess Lost & Found in California, just in case someone may still turn the camera in after having disembarked. We still have a glimmer of hope that someone may have picked it up by accident, and maybe just forgot to turn it in.

progress.gif

This is splitting hairs but I also think it's much more likely that an employee kept the camera rather than a fellow passenger. They don't make a lot of money, and they are the ones clearing the space after you leave your seat.

Archived