Cruise Doc's... What do they consist of??

Jaffa

Could someone please tell me exactly what the cruise Doc's that are sent just prior to the cruise Consist Of??

Are they special or keepsakes?,

Do they provide extra info that we may not already know?

What are they made of?

And are there any suprises?

We are expecting ours in the next 2 weeks..

Cheers,

Colin.....................................

Your final package comes in a beautiful black embossed folded wallet style thingy (I'm not sure it's leather, but it sure looks and feels like it is), and then that folder itself comes inside a black felt-like drawstring bag with the Seabourn logo in gold.

Very nice.

In it will be the boarding info about you that Seabourn will need to see when you board, showing them you indeed did sign up, and pay for, this cruise! There are also lovely luggage tags and inserts showing your cabin number (and paper stickies to put on your luggage as well, similar to the kind the airline puts on your checked luggage showing your destination airport). I think there is some more info about ports, insurance, and maybe phone numbers where you can be reached (Seabourn's numbers for each of the ships).

It's not alot of stuff, just enough to generate manic excitement.

Jane :D

Colin,

I see, after posting my reply, Jane beat me to the post as I had a different perception of the final documents presentation.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the presentation of the final documents has gone downhill. In lieu of the very handsome presentation box with Tumi leather ticket wallets and luggage tags, your documents arrive in a faux felt "bowling ball" bag secured with a drawstring with a pressure sensitive adhesive "shipping label." Inside is a imitation leather folding "clutch purse" (with magnetic buckle closure) which contains your imitation leather luggage tags (the straps to attach them to your luggage handles is inside a zippered compartment) and your final documents booklet. :(

The booklet is spiral bound with each page lightly perforated for somewhat easy removal (if this sounds strange, it will make sense when you see your documents). Included are embarkation and pier information, your itinerary, any flights, pre and post cruise hotels and shore excursions booked or reserved with Seabourn, two copies of your cruise ticket (one you sign and date and hand to the Purser upon check-in), several copies of communication information to leave at home on how to call or fax the ship, I believe the "fine print" of the Passage Contract, inserts with your name and suite number for your luggage tags and the colored airline style adhesive-backed luggage tags you put on your bags the day of embarkation so your bags will be quickly delivered to your suite (if your tags say GTY, not to worry as the waiters working the baggage detail will have the Passenger manifest and your bags will find your suite).

I find the clutch purse way too bulky so I leave that at home and just bring the booklet. However, if anyone reading this post is considering sailing on Seabourn or has booked but yet to sail, the current final document presentation in no way, shape or form reflects the quality of the onboard experience you will have. As a loyal Seabourn sailor, this budget document presentation does not bother me as I KNOW the onboard experience will be great, but receiving the nice presentation box always made me feel special before embarking on my Seabourn yacht! :D

I have to agree with peasea8ch. The presentation used to be much more elegant and I still use one of the many Tumi passport cases I have collected. I too remove the ticket folder and leave the wallet at home. It takes up far too much space. But I also agree that it matters not. Once you get on the ship who cares what the ticket came in!!!!

Archived