AOS Hump Cabin or Corner Aft 1688?

CruzinSouth

I have to make a choice. We have a hump cabin reserved for an upcoming AOS cruise but I found out that the corner aft cabin 1688 is available. Which would you choose and why? We've never had a balcony yet so we don't know what the difference would be between the two. I'd appreciate any opinions. Thanks!

Being an aft addict, I would normally say take the aft corner balcony, but the ship layout on Travelocity shows that a corner of the cabin itself is clipped off, making it much smaller than a standard D-1. The hump cabins on deck 9 look quite nice (I've never been in one, just relying on the pictures). If interior space is important to you, I'd say go with the hump cabin. Maybe you can make friends with the folks in the aft corner & get a peek!

My husband and I had cabin 1688 on the AOS in January and it was fabulous.

It is larger than the hump balconies. We had 2 long chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table.

We spent at 3-4 hours on our balcony everyday and even enjoyed breakfast twice.

If we are ever on the Voyager class again, definitely an aft cabin

I would pick the aft for the reasons given above. The balconies are bigger then the side ones. THe views are awesome but the walk to the elevators are a bit further. It is quiet on the aft- People tend not to venture where they dont have to.

I have sailed on the aft and the hump. Our last cruise on BOS was in the middle of the hump. Granted the balcony was not near as big as the aft. However we enjoyed the ability to see the length of the ship and when approaching an island or in port we liked the view better. I also enjoyed seeing the sea from my cabin when laying on the bed. With the aft the balcony is long so all you see is deck chairs. Two chairs and a table were all we required. With the aft the wake is nice to watch but we enjoyed the waves at the side of the ship better. You really can't go wrong with either cabin. I booked the hump again for our next cruise and did have a choice of the aft also.

Archived