Replacing Mariner of the Seas????

dutch59

Does anyone know what ship will be replacing MOS...I was on it in March and really loved it (it was our first cruise ever!!!), and we're thinking about booking another cruise in 2009. We're bringing along first time cruisers :) when we go, & I would like to know what ship will be at that port.

When I was on Mariner, the CD and Capt said that while nothing has been decided yet, it doesn't appear that RCI will leave Port Canaveral without a large ship. I don't remember the excat words Capt Per used to explain this, but he said something along the line of using virtual equipment, they have been practicing "parking" a Genesis ship there, and it is doable without further dredging. As well, a Freedom class ship will "fit" there too.

Just tell us. I am planning a Fall 2009 cruise and would love to have a Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral. I drive from Ohio and it cuts a lot of hours of the drive to the port.

To have the Genesis there would be the ultimate....

Dave

Does anyone know what ship will be replacing MOS...I was on it in March and really loved it (it was our first cruise ever!!!), and we're thinking about booking another cruise in 2009. We're bringing along first time cruisers :) when we go, & I would like to know what ship will be at that port.
I think RCI will replace Mariner with another 7 day ship -- many rumors on Freedom class and of course on Geneis. There are a few other threads out there about this issue and if I can find links, I will post them. Those of us that love Port C are hoping folks continue to express positive support for keeping a 7 day ship at that port.

Nothing has been announced yet. It doesn't look like RCI is leaving Port Canaveral since Monarch is replacing Sovereign, so lets keep our fingers crossed that PC gets a ship for 7 night cruises. :)

Monarch is replacing Sovereign? Monarch is leaving L.A.?

Just tell us. I am planning a Fall 2009 cruise and would love to have a Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral. I drive from Ohio and it cuts a lot of hours of the drive to the port.

To have the Genesis there would be the ultimate....

Dave

We drive from Cinti - and I want Mariner to stay. :( But it appears that RCI did not get my memo........:o

Monarch is replacing Sovereign? Monarch is leaving L.A.?

I guess this is what I get for going on vacation. I missed this whole announcement. I guess it sounds like RCCL are doing away with the 3 and 4 day out of Los Angeles? Doesn't sound like they have any plans to replace her. Oh well, we have Mariner. That is all I need. lol

I guess this is what I get for going on vacation. I missed this whole announcement. I guess it sounds like RCCL are doing away with the 3 and 4 day out of Los Angeles? Doesn't sound like they have any plans to replace her. Oh well, we have Mariner. That is all I need. lol
FitzLA -- here is a link to a thread about Sovereign leaving Port C and Monarch replacing her. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=639342

The "SOS" is going to Europe, and the Mariner is going to LA.

They are bringing the Monarch here to replace the SOS, to run her route.

Our port authorities are still in negotiations with RCCL to replace the Mariner.

Things are not worked out yet, but we are hoping for the best.

Cheers! :)

We drive from Cinti - and I want Mariner to stay. :( But it appears that RCI did not get my memo........:o

Hi Tranquil. You are the first person from Cincinnati I have found on this CC site. Whereabouts are you. My DW and I live on Colerain Township (right neat the mall).

Have been a CC member for about 2.5 years now and am truly addicted.

Dave

Hi Tranquil. You are the first person from Cincinnati I have found on this CC site. Whereabouts are you. My DW and I live on Colerain Township (right neat the mall).

Dave

Next door, Fairfield. :) The mall and I have many fond memories - them the richer and me the poorer for the experience. :D

Hi SherriZ!! :D
Hey Pat. Our countdowns for FOS are running well but as you can see we are doing Enchantment soon.

Glad to hear about the ongoing negotiations. I really think there is a good chance Port C will get a 7 day ship. I would bet on a Freedom class ship. When this wonderful happening is announced, we should try to coordinate and sail together again. (still can't believe you will be getting off FOS as we are boarding).

Hey Pat. Our countdowns for FOS are running well but as you can see we are doing Enchantment soon.

Glad to hear about the ongoing negotiations. I really think there is a good chance Port C will get a 7 day ship. I would bet on a Freedom class ship. When this wonderful happening is announced, we should try to coordinate and sail together again. (still can't believe you will be getting off FOS as we are boarding).

LOL when is this cruise, I'll have to book the week after your Sherri I think Freedom will feel a lot like Mariner only just a smidge bigger. That's can't be all bad :D

The "SOS" is going to Europe, and the Mariner is going to LA.

They are bringing the Monarch here to replace the SOS, to run her route.

Our port authorities are still in negotiations with RCCL to replace the Mariner.

Things are not worked out yet, but we are hoping for the best.

Cheers! :)

I have to wonder if the size of the ship that goes in depends on when they get the port redone. As I'm to understand PC is about to start a huge expansion of the port. So that it can support the bigger class ships being built.

LOL when is this cruise, I'll have to book the week after your Sherri I think Freedom will feel a lot like Mariner only just a smidge bigger. That's can't be all bad :D

David -- Island Lady is on 2/17, we sail on 2/24 so you would have to sail March 2.

Dave

Dave - Did you forget about me already? I sent you an e-mail did you receive it.

While I wouldn't risk a guess on a specific name, I think it's a sure-thing that RC will replace Mariner with one of the newer, large 7-day ships.

Why? LOTS of people fall within the same boundaries I do:

- We're close enough to drive to Port Canaveral in one day, but Miami is a two-day trip.

- We are not willing to pay airfare x the whole family in addition to the cruise cost, so if we can't drive, we'll choose a different vacation.

They're not going to lose this market.

Dave - Did you forget about me already? I sent you an e-mail did you receive it.

I did forget about you already. My sincerest apologizes. I guess since we are friends from way back when, I didn't count you as a new contact.

By the way, I got your email and will reply this weekend. Liz and I are leaving in the morning to head down to central Kentucky for the day. Just a little past Maysville. We are going to the BlueLick Battlefields to have dinner and spend some time with old friends of Liz's mother.

Will promise not to forget you again and will be in touch soon.

Dave

If I book the date that we want, actually with Liberty of the Seas, and that happens to be the one going to PC, how exactly does that leave or change things? If we do the Eastern (out of Miami) for example, and it then gets moved to PC, will the itinerary change?

Archived