Help me decide!!

klfhngr

I have a choice to make: 8 day cruise to Mexico on the Norwegian Star or a 7 day cruise on RCCL Vision of the Seas. We've never done Norwegian and enjoyed RCCL (and Carnival and Princess), we've been on 15 cruises but never on NCL. Please help!!

We are big fans of NCL...just to let you know ;) . We really like the freestyle cruising. About two years ago we did the 8-nt. Mexican Riviera on the Star and loved it. Probably our favorite cruise ever. So, we have booked that cruise again for April 2008. This cruise is the perfect combination of sea days and wonderful ports. The Star is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Since 7-night cruises always seem too short....the extra night is a real bonus. And, we very much enjoyed seeing Acapulco. Can't wait to do this cruise again.

thanks for the feedback. My mother and aunt just got back from it on Mon., along with their friends. One loved it, the other didn't! So we're stuck in the middle! What date did you book? We're temporarily booked for April 16!

NCL has a great itenerary for the price

the 8night is perfect

now the freestyle was nice but there are downsides to it,, like when all the resturants are booked, and the only avail time is 9p,, this is what happened to us, we were in a group of 5,, it kinda sucked since we had to eat at the buffet every night, but then again, i heard they are getting better in the reservations department... and dont expect to get pampered or catered to at dinner, its not like traditional dining.

to us the dining is one important factor, we like to relax and know where we are going , what table and what time everynight... you know what i mean..

other than that i would go on NCL star again in a min, we went 2 times in 2006

Thanks guys... We're late eaters, so eating late shouldn't be a problem. Still undecided, the RCCL posters tell us to go on the Vision, this board says the Star!!! I'm still waiting for comments from people that have been on both ships........

Thanks guys... We're late eaters, so eating late shouldn't be a problem. Still undecided, the RCCL posters tell us to go on the Vision, this board says the Star!!! I'm still waiting for comments from people that have been on both ships........

Okay ... I've been on both ships .... for the MexRiv, the NCL Star wins hands down!!! The itinerary AND the ship make it a clear winner for me ... (and I'm also a fan of RCI ... on certain itins and certain ships ...)

~d

Bennet, why do you answer like that? We want to know. Thanks in advance.

The 8-day itinerary is a better itin. Acapulco is added (which is just okay ... but can be a fun place) ZIHUA/IXTAPA is FABULOUS!!!!! You can't get that on the 7-day MexRiv cruises. The Star misses Mazatlan (which is a PLUS for us .. don't like Mazatlan) ... ports at PV and Cabo ~ which are wonderful.

We enjoy the Star for all it's rich, dark wood interiors ... it's just a classier ship IMHO.

We also LOVE Freestyle! All the options for dining are great ... It makes for a wonderful cruise experience.

That's why we say The Star wins hands down!

Now ... we do go with RCI on certain ships and certain itins. But, if there is a choice, we'll always take NCL.

~d

I'm with Bennett

We did the Vision in 2001 - I really didn't like the ship that much. I felt that the ship was kind of cold feeling in decor (unlike the Enchantment which is lovely and the same class of ship).

I've not been on Star (yet), but have booked her for next Feb. We have done NCL many times though and we do like free style.

The real reason I like this choice is the intineary. I like 8 days - it stretches the vacation. I like that it goes further south to Acapulco and to Ixtapa. I like that it skips Mazatlan.

The one good thing you miss is sailing out of San Diego, which is pretty nice and very convenient to the airport. San Pedro and Long Beach are more industrial looking and LAX can be a problem.

Maybe we'll see you on board!

I too love NCL for the freestyle cruising. I have also been on the Star twice.Did the Mexican cruise 2 yrs ago and just did Alaska in September. It's a beautiful ship and fairly new. It was built in 2001 and refurbished in 2004 but still in excellent shape for cleanliness and newness.

Archived