Waitlist Problem

parisbully

Internet TA's have to handle MANY people in order to make a living.While they would like to give you customer service, it just isn't possible. Other TA's will give you better service and don't charge a "processing fee".

I have to disagree with you on this one. Internet TA's are just like any other TA, and there are good ones and there are bad ones. I am an internet TA, and my clients get the same service as if they were walk ins. The larger agencies have the massive volume and therefore some, and I mean some, not all, may sacrifice some service but you are getting 99% of the time, a better price. Some people feel it is worth a few extra dollars to get the service you want and go with smaller companies. It is like everything else in life and occasionally you have to make some trade offs. I am a smaller company and my clients are able to reach me anytime they need me. That is part of the service they get. I have developed some great friendships over the years with many of my clients.

When you find a TA that works with you and you get everything you want, hang on to them.

I'm new to this but when I called Princess to book our cruise I mentioned the internet TA rates were all at or above the ones from the Princess site. The reservationist told me they don't sell them to the TAs any cheaper than they do to passengers so their prices will always be as good. How do you save $750 using a TA?

I'm new to this but when I called Princess to book our cruise I mentioned the internet TA rates were all at or above the ones from the Princess site. The reservationist told me they don't sell them to the TAs any cheaper than they do to passengers so their prices will always be as good. How do you save $750 using a TA?

Princess will sell to you at the prevailing rate, which is to say the single best rate for you. TA's will have group space, discount the commission, and offer perks that Princess does not. If you get the exact same price from Princess and a TA, Princess is actually keeping the commission for themselves. 99% of the time, a TA will have a better rate than the cruise line themselves.

I want to go on a cruise next year (Beijing to Bangkok in Nov 08) and ALL of the minisuites and ocean view with balcony cabins are showing 'waitlist only' on the Princess website. I started to put myself on a waitlist, but it looks like I can only put myself on one waitlist at a time (for a subcategory of type of cabin). Is there a way to put myself on the waitlist for ANY minisuite or balcony cabin that comes up? I don't want to put down ten $600 deposits! And can I be on a waitlist and not book an interior cabin? If I can't have a balcony, then I don't want any cabin and I'll change my plans.

How long should I expect to be on a waitlist?

This is our first cruise and I was hoping to book it myself... Do I need a TA to do this for me?

thanks for any advice!

Archived