Island Safari reviews?

Kallen

• 2 months later...

BEWARE!!!!!!!! Me and my family were excited to go on this tour. After booking sent many e-mails with questions that got no reply so had to call from the US and it cost $15 dollars to speak with them due to them not replying to e-mails. Paid 25% deposit by credit card and was told to pay IN CASH after tour. They also charged my credit card for the TOTAL amount and refused to credit the card the stolen amount. I guess the tour guide pocketed our money. VERY DISHONEST PEOPLE OPERATE THIS TOUR.

The tour was also not very good. The driver wanted to do what was on his mind instead of what we paid (apparently double) for. I would NEVER use them again and caution you if you choose to book them.

We have used Island Safari in the past and have been very happy! I can't believe we are talking about the same company the previous poster used. We did a ship sponsored tour several years ago and just last year did a private island tour. They took us to spots we really enjoyed the first time - Bathsheba beach - and other places they thought we would like. It was terrific.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
BEWARE!!!!!!!! Me and my family were excited to go on this tour. After booking sent many e-mails with questions that got no reply so had to call from the US and it cost $15 dollars to speak with them due to them not replying to e-mails. Paid 25% deposit by credit card and was told to pay IN CASH after tour. They also charged my credit card for the TOTAL amount and refused to credit the card the stolen amount. I guess the tour guide pocketed our money. VERY DISHONEST PEOPLE OPERATE THIS TOUR.
What did your credit card issuer say when you disputed the charge???

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a problem when we showed up at the pickup point. Seems there was a screwup at the office and they had no jeeps for our group of 16. The guy in charge contacted the office and agreed that it was indeed their error and was most apologetic. He arranged for a friend of his named Ricardo to come in on his day off with his tour bus from Johnson Tours and give us a 4 hour tour of the island at no charge. We had a blast! We had several spots we wanted to visit and Ricardo had some suggestions as well. Totally unplanned, it worked out very well. He took us to a beach for a few minutes, to a local potter who still uses a foot wheel and arranged for us to tour the cane fields and get sugar cane chunks to chew on, etc. He arranged for us to have a stop at a rum shop for a bathroom/refreshment break with spectacular views of the island. Checked the credit card statement today and there is indeed the deposit charge on there so will have to make sure that it is refunded ASAP. It seemed that everyone who booked the ships tours had a great time and it was worth the money.

Archived