some different questions for PG veterans

poss

Poss, we did the 7 day Society Islands with stays pre and post at the Radisson Resort. This was my husband's first cruise (my 9th but first on a small ship) and we weren't sure how he would take to it so we didn't want to be on the ship too long. Mistake!!! He loved it and can't wait to try the Voyager next. We hope to do that in 2009. We had never snorkled but found the snorkling great at the private island in Bora Bora and at the Motu Mahana on Tahaa. The kyaking was great there too. If you want more places to snorkle there are tours you can sign up for some were very reasonable. They are all listed on the Regent website.

JoanandJoe, I'm a fair skinned Irish descent woman and always burn but made sure I put sunscreen on and didn't have any problems.

BTW - smaller all-inclusive ships are so much nicer that the larger cruise lines. They knew our first names by day 2.

It's been terrific to get all these replies!

I'm compiling copious notes, and hope to be ready to pounce as soon as '09 itineraries become available. The sticking point, I think, will be trying to figure the air connections. Wendy: I'd not known abt the "forced overnight" detail: interesting idea-- thanks. Ideally, I wish we could spend several days--in both directions-- in California (we have relatives in the San Fran/San Jose area), but I suspect that won't be possible unless we book two entirely separate flights-- which I think will be prohibitively expensive. We've not booked Regent air on our two previous cruises. It was a great deal less expensive to do it ourselves (and to book our cruise through Cruise Value Center, by the way: saved mucho).

I'm not up to this detail yet, but if anyone wants to pipe in here, I'll be happy to begin making notes towards this subject also, viz., cabin selection. For our first cruise, it was advised that we choose lowest deck (for stability), mid-ship. Perfect. Never found ourselves wishing that we were higher, and while if someone gave us gratis a larger cabin we'd embrace it, we felt no need of anything larger: thought the "steerage" suites were heavenly. For our second cruise, we were a little late in booking, so had to get the slightly more expensive "F" I'm hoping to book early for the PG, so I'll want to know which cabin to aim for. Haven't even looked at the lay-out or prices yet, but interested in hearing all suggestions.

Thank you!!!

I'm posting this separately-- hoping maybe to avoid for others the big disappointment that's just come tumbling down on me. As anyone knows who's been reading my other post, I've gotten terrifically interested in a PG cruise. Though not until '09, I was excited enough to begin looking at the deck plan, cabin choices, etc. Rude awakening to learn that the bed size is queen on that ship. No can do-- a major disappointment. Don't know how many other folks find sleeping in anything less than king virtually impossible, but here's the info in case it's helpful. (I wonder if there's any possibility that there'll be kings by '09. Or are those cabins simply too small to make that practical?)

Archived