british isles

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dorherman@adelphia.net:

Anyone have suggestions for places to visit in Edinborough, Waterford,Cornwall, Holyhead, Dublin,Kirkwall, Inverness. will be in Royal Princess.dorherman@adlephia.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a lot to see in Edinburgh..I suggest you do the Hop/on Hop/off bus to see as much as you can.There is the Royal Mile with Edinburgh Castle at the very top and Holyrood at the bottom end..both great places to visit.The Royal Mile has a lot of shops and nooks and crannies.Princes Street is the main street for shopping as well as some other sights.The bus will give you a great overview of the city and sights.

Waterford is a great walking around city as well as the Waterford Glass factory. You may want to look into tours outside the city to give you a sense of the countryside as well.

Dublin is another city to do the bus in.Most sights are within walking distance of each other,but the bus will give you an idea of what you amy wnat to vist.Trinty College,the Book of Kells,Temple Bar area,Grafton Street,etc.

I would go to your library and look at some of the travel books to see what may interest you in all these areas so you will have some idea of how to spend your time.Have a great cruise.

Karen

Ü

Those are all great suggestions from Karen above. I would add that the highlight of our British isles cruise that included 3 ports in Ireland was the tour of the Ring of Kerry. The scenery in Ireland is spectacular, and this is the best.

Also, in Holyhead, we really loved seeing the Snowden mountain area and the midieval (sp?) castle where Prince Charles was crowned Prince of Wales.

Happy traveling,

Donna

Holyhead is a port on the North west edge of the Isle of Anglesey. Snowdonia National park is about an hours drive. The castles at Caernarfon and Conwy are great. The Llanberis pass is beautiful. Betws-y-Coed is a tourist trap (very pretty).

Cornwall is a rugged county at the south western tip of England. There are dramatic granite sea cliffs at Lands End. Tintagel is the legendary home of King arthur and the Knights of the round table. St Ives is a very popular fishing village on the north coast. While in the southwest try some scrumpy in a country pub, be careful though, this apple cider packs a real punch. Hope you have a great visit.

• 10 years later...

Some good suggestions above, but I think you need to be a little more specific. It helps if we know when you are coming and what interests you. For example, the Tattoo in Edinburgh, or The Eden Project in Cornwall.

All the places you are calling at have their own tourist websites and I suggest a few hours perusing those would be well worthwhile. Note that 3GBP is around $5.

Planning and research is half the fun:)

Some good suggestions above, but I think you need to be a little more specific. It helps if we know when you are coming and what interests you. For example, the Tattoo in Edinburgh, or The Eden Project in Cornwall.

All the places you are calling at have their own tourist websites and I suggest a few hours perusing those would be well worthwhile. Note that 3GBP is around $5.

Planning and research is half the fun:)

This thread is 10 years old.......

Archived