Vietnam on Seabourn

MarciAnn

We love Seabourn and hubby is pressing to do the Asian Capitals and Vietnam cruise. While I would love to be on Seabourn for another 14 days, I there is so much to see in Vietnam and Cambodia that this part of the world is better done by land trip. Can those of you who have done this trip by both methods comment for us? Greatly appreciated. (We have been to HK and Singapore so these two cities don't matter to us either way).

The cruise in the Vietnam region is one we think we will do in the near future, but NO cruise is going to show you much of any Country. A stop here and there to see one small area. You would need to do a land tour as well if you want to see the Country properly. I would also love to do that, but think I have left it too late. These days I prefer to see a small area, then back to Seabourn for my "own bed" and good food! :D

We did this cruise (23 days) this year and visited three ports in Vietnam. My advise would be to do the cruise and depending on where it ends fly from there and do Cambodia. My reasons are as follows. You get to visit three ports in Vietnam and most are overnight stays. You can take tours out into the country or the Mekong (as we did). The trip Seabourn offer for Ankor is short and this is worthy of more time. Our cruise ended in Singapore and it's easy to fly from Singapore to Cambodia and many hotels offer great tours to Ankor. Cambodia is a much more undiscovered part of Asia and the countryside and people less affected by tourism, therefore giving you a real feel for unspoilt Asia. This is just my opinion and others may have a different point of view. Also Vietnam is a large country and taking planes and trains between destinations is not my cup of tea so seeing what we did of the country via a cruise was perfect for us. If I do a land tour I prefer to unpack once and see that part of the country in depth.

Archived