When do "packets" arrive?

Hello all you cruise critics! My husband and I are booked for our second cruise, in December, and we are super excited about it. Our first cruise was three years ago, and I can't remember when our "packets" arrived from Royal Caribbean with more of the detailed information about the cruise. Just curious when they would arrive. Last time I loved looking at all the info over and over!

I know we can book our shore excursions online, but I found it easier to browse all of them on the printed brochure.... I forget what else was in there, besides our luggage tags I suppose.

Thanks!

You'll get them around a month from sailing, if you or your travel agent chose the paper format, rather than e-docs. I like having the 'real' paper ones too. :)

BTW, I like your Commander Keen avatar. I used to have several of the video games featuring him on a computer many, many years ago. I was rather addicted to playing them. :D

We still have not received our documents from our Travel Agent and we set sail on the exploerer November 4th sailing! Our TA said they should be here hopefully by the end of next week! I sure hope so! There is still a letter that we are waiting for as well to come by November 1st, 2007! This has been a stressful time for us! Now we are focussing on packing and traveling light! My Hubby says that he will help me along with my Mom to bring only what I really need and will look good in the Morning, afternoon, and evening for our three Days at Sea! In Bermuda W will wear swim wear and beach coverups in the morning to Horseshoe Bay then go back to the ship shower and change and then wear casual clothing while touring Bermuda and then once back onboard shower and change for the evening either for the ship activities or to the Frog and Onion in Bermuda! In Boston we will just wear one outfit for the morning and our all day sightseeing adventures and then we will head back to the ship around 5:30 P.M. to shower and change for the evening activities onboard the ship! I think we can go all day with me not changing! I usuallly like to shower once during a port day but I don't think it will be to hot or humid to have to worry about heading back to the ship to shower and change before eating lunch in Boston! I will have to brush my teeth throughout the day! Oh well I'm sure if i want to go back to the ship to freshen up we can! My hubby great about that! He know that I'm high maintainence! I sure hope our Documents come by the end of next week!!! One less thing for me to worry about! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

I booked through a TA who is kinda....not smart, so I don't think she even looked when she booked. I did ask her about documents, but I think she kind of blew me off. If she selected e-docs, does anything come ahead of time in the mail?

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. We'll have to start looking at the excursions soon. Last time, on our first cruise, we waited until we were on the ship to book (sometimes the day of!). Most of the excursions were filled, but we were happy with the island tours and just staying on the ship. (We played BINGO a lot!) We are planning to do much of the same this time, but I'll make sure to book the more exciting excursions ASAP.

BTW, I like your Commander Keen avatar. I used to have several of the video games featuring him on a computer many, many years ago. I was rather addicted to playing them. :D

And I loved Commander Keen also. We had a couple of his games on our computer growing up ("episodes" 1 & 4) and played them constantly. In college I found out there were 5 more. I was able to get copies of the rest of them and spent much time in college with my buddy Keen...while everyone else played Playstation.. haha. I was also able to find versions of other games that were out at the same time like the original Duke Nukem, Crystal Caves, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. Fun stuff. :D

Archived