Double C&a Credits For Longer Cruises

petesweet

As I've been reading various threads, I've seen comments about double credits for booking suites; however, no mention has been made about double credits for longer cruises. In fact, people have lamented that there is no difference between short cruises and long cruises. This is not the case. I talked with a C&A rep. tonight about another matter and learned that any cruise 12 nights or longer qualifies for two credits. So our B2B Alaska (13 nights) and Hawaii (15 nights) will earn me FOUR credits even though I just book an inside cabin. (Think what it would be if I were booked in a suite--8 credits!) As it is, I will reach platinum level after Alaska and enjoy it in Hawaii. Thought I would put this on the board to clarify some misperceptions.

Actually it's not double it's an additional credit. The maximum number of credits you can earn for a cruise is 3. You earn 1 credit for every cruise, an additional credit if you are in a JS or higher, and an additional credit for 12 night or longer cruises.

So in your example a 13 night cruise B2B with a 15 night cruise, with both of them in a suite, would earn you 6 C&A credits.

No, you can earn a maximum of 3 credits per cruise, regardless of cabin category or length of cruise. On a b2b, you could, if you were in a suite on a 12 night or longer cruise, earn 6 credits. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Wrona, we were posting at the same time.

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, the point is moot since I'll never book anything higher than an inside cabin. But it did surprise me to learn that I would get an extra credit for a longer cruise since people have lamented the fact that that is not the case.

Thanks for the clarification guys.:)

I sent off an email to C&A asking this very question.

We have booked the Rhapsody for a 17 night and an 18 night back to back cruise around Australia and NZ. I read it in the brochure, but wasn't exactly sure of the details.:o

Many thanks yet agin.;)

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, the point is moot since I'll never book anything higher than an inside cabin. But it did surprise me to learn that I would get an extra credit for a longer cruise since people have lamented the fact that that is not the case.

I think that you have simply misread people's posts.

What they are "lamenting" is that a 3 day cruise earns the same "credit" as a 7 day cruise, the most common length cruise on RC. Or that a 3 day earns the same as a 9 day.

Any number of other cruiselines give "credit" based on number of days cruised. My educated guess is that RC is headed in that direction.

Archived