How do you let the final hours pass?

dresch25

We are sailing on the Crown today, and I'm like a little kid in a candy store. I'm counting down the hours until the car service comes to pick us up. This is the frist time that we didn't have to fly to the ship. How do the rest of you guys let the time pass.

Vicki

I find that there are always lots of little things to do around the house to pick up, clean, etc., so we don't come home to our usual clutter. I go through all the paperwork and documentation and make sure I have everything we need and know where it is packed. Then basically I just sit and grin, knowing that for the next week or two, I won't have to worry about anything but enjoying myself.

I'm usually running around to get my daughter moving and then we end up leaving early for the airport.

Have a great cruise. I just checked the webcam to see the view of the Statue of Liberty! That has to be the best home port view of anywhere in the world.

We live in South Carolina, so we always have 2 or more flights to get to the cruise. So we don't have a lot of time to kill on the day of our departure. On those occasions when we do have time to kill, I spend most of the time checking, double checking and triple checking everything my wife worries about.

We are sailing on the Crown today, and I'm like a little kid in a candy store. I'm counting down the hours until the car service comes to pick us up. This is the frist time that we didn't have to fly to the ship. How do the rest of you guys let the time pass.

Vicki

Whew! What a relief to read your post. When I read the title I thought you were referencing a hospice experience.:eek:

I knew next weekend would be looooooonnnnnnnggggggg for us, so I am having our 5 year old granddaughter spend 3 days with us :D That will fill up the time and we will be ready to go before we know it. Of course, I will have everything packed and ready before Hope shows up Friday afternoon!!!

Cheers, Denise

Just before a cruise I focus on packing what I'll need and care arrangements for pets and plants while away. I'm too excited to want to think about the cruise in advance. I only want to experience it for real and not in my mind before it happens.

The final day and hours towards the end of the cruise are always a bit sad. I wish it would never end.

Archived