Question about online immigration/check-in

mhg7274

I was doing the online immigration/checkin for our upcoming cruise. I know that HAL puts a hold of $60 per person per day on the Credit card. Does this amount also apply to children? They wont be using their card for purchases as they are only 5 & 7, but do they still need to apply the 60 pp/pd to the kids?

I was doing the online immigration/checkin for our upcoming cruise. I know that HAL puts a hold of $60 per person per day on the Credit card. Does this amount also apply to children? They wont be using their card for purchases as they are only 5 & 7, but do they still need to apply the 60 pp/pd to the kids?

Good question, and even though I've traveled HAL with my children, I don't know the answer. I do know that they apply the $10 per person per day hotel service charge to children. Perhaps your travel agent or HAL's ship's services department would be able to help you. I'm assuming that the credit card hold is applied per passenger, regardless of age.

Karin

I've assumed in my planning that the hold includes kids, although I couldn't find info anywhere. But even if kids aren't charging on their own, we charge things FOR them (extra juices or sodas or photos or souvenirs or whatever) that we wouldn't charge if they weren't there.

If you do call HAL, let us all know!

Archived