Can you take the menus?

martyz

In this era of cruise lines looking for "revenue enhancements", Princess is missing out on a great opportunity. Along with the introduction of the new menus they should offer a smaller version of the menus for the cruise in the gift shop for a nominal fee of $10.00 or so. I'm sure DW and I would always purchase one as a momento of our dining experience. Of course it would be even nicer if the menus were offered as an additional Platinum benefit and then we wouldn't have to pay.

Cruise Diva makes a very good point that the new menus are huge and probably too big for scrapbooking or as keepsakes but a smaller version would be just the ticket.

Mike

I was just thinking of this too.... they should prepared a book and sell it, and give it away to Platinum members or as gifts etc.

It would be nice to be able to check the day's menus in your cabin so you could decide if you wanted to book a specialty restaurant that evening or even eat in your cabin.

They are always displayed outside of the dining room--check there.

In this era of cruise lines looking for "revenue enhancements", Princess is missing out on a great opportunity. Along with the introduction of the new menus they should offer a smaller version of the menus for the cruise in the gift shop for a nominal fee of $10.00 or so. I'm sure DW and I would always purchase one as a momento of our dining experience. Of course it would be even nicer if the menus were offered as an additional Platinum benefit and then we wouldn't have to pay.

Cruise Diva makes a very good point that the new menus are huge and probably too big for scrapbooking or as keepsakes but a smaller version would be just the ticket.

Mike

Celebrity did that for awhile but they ended up just printing and selling basic menus that wee not representative of your specific cruise.

I have a menu from Scotland and also one from Holland America lines that I framed and put in my kitchen. It makes a great conversation piece. I was going to do this when we cruised the Crown in May, but it was in 2 sections and that wouldn't work.

Is the new "oversized" menu just one page? If so, I will get one on my next cruise. I still have room on my Kitchen walls for more.

Mike

I learn so many great things on cruise critic! This is fabulous info. I too would love to have them for memorabilia...and of course sharing on cruise critic. I wonder if anyone has already done this for the Crown southern caribbean cruise out of San Juan????? Itinerary..St Thomas, St Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba. Please share if you have them. I cant wait to see what I am eating all week. Thanks all!

Just ask the Maitre 'd. He will be happy to give you an entire set of brand new menus-just like the ones you get at the dining room table. Be careful though-they weigh a ton! I'll not ask for them again! On my last cruise, Regal Princess, one of our tablemates was ill. I asked for a new menu, we made it into a Get Well card and we all wrote cute notes and signed it. She said she was thrilled with it.

Archived