Can you take the menus?

martyz

We are going in Jan on the CB. Has anyone ever asked or just took any menus? I want to take them home and wasn't sure if I should ask or just take it????? Has anyone seen updated menus or Patters?????

We are going in Jan on the CB. Has anyone ever asked or just took any menus? I want to take them home and wasn't sure if I should ask or just take it????? Has anyone seen updated menus or Patters?????

I the past the answer has been "yes". I have a couple of sets from previous cruises, I asked the Maitre'd at the beginning of the cruise and they were delivered to our stateroom on the last night.

But with the new menus (which are huge) it may be tricky, they are oversized, but it's worth asking.;)

In the past ... and on most cruise lines, the menus for the week/cruise were presented to you by your waiter at the end of the cruise. Usually there would be a note from the waiter along with it. Some lines even had a folder in which the menus would be enclosed.

They don't do that anymore.

In the past ... and on most cruise lines, the menus for the week/cruise were presented to you by your waiter at the end of the cruise. Usually there would be a note from the waiter along with it. Some lines even had a folder in which the menus would be enclosed.

They don't do that anymore.

How long ago? I have been on 11+ cruises over 18 or so years (sorry, I don't keep track like most :o )and have never had that happen. It's fine because I have no use for them.

How long ago? I have been on 11+ cruises over 18 or so years (sorry, I don't keep track like most :o )and have never had that happen. It's fine because I have no use for them.

I don't recall this on Princess, but on the QE2's trans-Atlantic crossing, they did present to us all the lunch/dinner menus in a lovely folder on the last evening, and our waiters had signed it. I was in a Grill cabin, though, so I'm not sure if the same thing happened in the main dining room.

Me=jealous

It really was fabulous -- it's bloody expensive but worth every penny for an absolutely unforgettable experience, a once-in-a-lifetime thing (for most of us). It'll really spoil you, though! On my next "regular" cruise, I needed some serious attitude adjustment, as no matter how much we love Princess, it just isn't the Queen, you know?

It really was fabulous -- it's bloody expensive but worth every penny for an absolutely unforgettable experience, a once-in-a-lifetime thing (for most of us). It'll really spoil you, though! On my next "regular" cruise, I needed some serious attitude adjustment, as no matter how much we love Princess, it just isn't the Queen, you know?

It is on our list of things to do before we die for sure. Hopefully we have some good years left ;)

I asked for a few and they gave them to me. On my last cruise others on our table wanted to look at the next nights menu. After asking once the waiter bought the menu for the next night to our table with desert each night so we could have look what would be served the following night.

I just wanted a few for scrapbooking.

Sorry, I can't honestly tell you but we've been cruising since the eary 1970's. I do know it's been quite awhile since it stopped.

In this era of cruise lines looking for "revenue enhancements", Princess is missing out on a great opportunity. Along with the introduction of the new menus they should offer a smaller version of the menus for the cruise in the gift shop for a nominal fee of $10.00 or so. I'm sure DW and I would always purchase one as a momento of our dining experience. Of course it would be even nicer if the menus were offered as an additional Platinum benefit and then we wouldn't have to pay.

Cruise Diva makes a very good point that the new menus are huge and probably too big for scrapbooking or as keepsakes but a smaller version would be just the ticket.

Mike

I have a few menus received from waiters and assistant maitre d's. Usually for holiday cruises, the dining room will have a special menu just for that evening. They can't reuse them on the next few cruises like they can the rest of the menus that don't change.

The very first week of the new menus, they were delivered to our suite. I did keep a few of them for scrapbooking, but they had to be trimmed down. I just assumed they were my copies, since the Room Attendant never removed them-they just stayed in the suite all week, even the breakfast menus.

We were on the Golden in August and asked if we could have a set of menus at the end of the week. We only asked for the dinner menus but got them in the folder.

It is probably a question of asking for them early. That was also the cruise where after raving about the escargots, I got them every night for the rest of the cruise.

In this era of cruise lines looking for "revenue enhancements", Princess is missing out on a great opportunity. Along with the introduction of the new menus they should offer a smaller version of the menus for the cruise in the gift shop for a nominal fee of $10.00 or so.

Cha Ching, that's an excellent idea. Don't know that we would buy them but I guess if they were in a small book or something, we might. We have too much crapola around this house as it is.

Archived