PNW cruise on Mercury, Kid's Club?

Luxuriate

Is there anyone out there that has been on one of the recent three or four night PNW cruises on the Mercury out of Seattle that can tell me about the kid's club?

We are sailing on a four night on October 29th. Our little guy will be three years old on October 21st (tomorrow!). This is his first cruise. Hubby's and my 5th or 6th on Celebrity (can't keep track anymore ;) ).

I would love to hear from someone that actually took part in any activities they have in the kid's club on these short cruises. I just don't know whether I should get my hopes up that I will have some time to myself or if I will be playing with our boy all day (the latter would be fine, but you know what I mean?)

I'm a little worried that since the itinerary is shorter there may be less opportunity for kid's club. What are your experiences?

I plan to head straight to Guest Relations when I board to try and secure an evening babysitter so that hubby and I can enjoy late seating dinner.

Thank you for any observations you can tell me about.

Cheryl

Is there anyone out there that has been on one of the recent three or four night PNW cruises on the Mercury out of Seattle that can tell me about the kid's club?

We are sailing on a four night on October 29th. Our little guy will be three years old on October 21st (tomorrow!). This is his first cruise. Hubby's and my 5th or 6th on Celebrity (can't keep track anymore ;) ).

I would love to hear from someone that actually took part in any activities they have in the kid's club on these short cruises. I just don't know whether I should get my hopes up that I will have some time to myself or if I will be playing with our boy all day (the latter would be fine, but you know what I mean?)

I'm a little worried that since the itinerary is shorter there may be less opportunity for kid's club. What are your experiences?

I plan to head straight to Guest Relations when I board to try and secure an evening babysitter so that hubby and I can enjoy late seating dinner.

Thank you for any observations you can tell me about.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, I don't have kids but I just disembarked 2 short b2bs...

there were some kids on both and they always seemed to be having

a great time.:) The Youth Staff had them marching in Pirates outfits

one afternoon..singing together and it was quite cute:) And I also noticed

some other kids with their families.....everyone seemed happy

that is for sure!....there were quite a few really little ones so they cannot

be part of the Kid's club....you know, little infants and such.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Cheryl, honestly I don't know about that....I think they might have to

be trained to be in the kid's club? Maybe someone on here with a little

one can give you the correct answer.

Sorry I cannot help!

Hi there, we just got back from the 4-nighter. My daughter is 10 and was put in with the teen group, but I do have the dailies from the kid's club so I can give you an idea of what happened for the littler guys. BTW, we had 94 kids on board that cruise.

Activities for the 3 to 9 crowd went from 9:00 to 12:00, 2:00 to 5:00 and 7:00 to 10:00 at night. Here's an example from the Nanimo day on Tuesday:

9:00 - 12:00 - Super Heroes

Welcome to Smallville

Super Hero Names

Super Hero Capes and Masks

Super Hero Obstacle Course

Create your Own Story Board

Super Hero Coloring Content

12:00 - 2:00 - Fun Factory

Lunch Party - $6 per hour per child for this event

2:00 - 5:00 - Monster Afternoon

Welcome to the Monster Room

Monster Masks

Monster Mash - 4 corners

Mummy Wrap

Monster Trash Cans

Monster Snack - 4pm

5:00 - Dinner Party at Palm Springs Cafe - $6 per child per hour for this event

7:00 - 10:00 - Spongebob Night

Welcome to Bikini Bottom

Make a jellyfish

Let's go Jellyfishing

Spongebob Trivia

Plankton Tag

Patrick's Snack and Movie

10:00 - 1:00 - Slumber Party

Wear your PJ's and join us for late night fun. $6 per child per hour for this event.

--------------

I visited Fun Factory once to fill out paperwork - it looked really fun! Was impressed with the staff for sure.

Let me know if I can give you any more info!

Just back from a 3 nighter PNW trip on Mercury. Our two children (ages 4, 5) both spent a lot of time (their choice) at the Kids Club.

They loved it. They had a lot of activities ranging from free time to story time to a pirate treasure hunt with a visit from a 'real pirate.'

First day (embarkation) there is an open house from 1:30-3:45 where you can sign up the children and they can check it out for themselves. I do believe the children are supposed to be potty trained, though there were several boxes of diapers in the Kid's Club area, so hmmm... maybe 'almost' potty trained is ok?

The hours are the same as the above post - though they do offer a lunch/dinner option. During these 2 hour slots (12-2 and 5-7) they will have dinner either in the Kid's Club or with staff in the dining area - and charge is $6/hour (only during these meal times on port days). The 10p-1a slumber party is also $6/hr, though it was waived our last night and the slumber party was free.

We told our kids this place was SO COOL even parents couldn't be there, and they had NO reservations about heading in there... not even an "I'll miss you" - they just ran in and started high fiving the staff.

The staff did a good job - regular roll calls for youth, games, activities, tours, etc. They helped the kids get to know on another, and the staff were really fun. One in particular, Alvin from Canada was a favorite for our kids. They colored, made picture frames, colored a youth t-shirt, played with Leapster and other Leap pad games, had some video game time, movie time, and absolutely loved the indoor play equipment with the 'ball pit' that proved to be a big hit. They even had story time in the ball pit too.

We didn't want to feel like we were dropping off the kids and they weren't having a good time... no need to worry, the ones we saw loved the facilities... it was a highlight for our children... which made it a highlight for us too!

Archived