Condition of the CB?

Sweet Dreams

We will be traveling in March on the Carribean Princess. Understanding the refurbish begins in April should I be worried about the condition of the ship in March? Perhaps those traveling recently could share their experience.

Here's a review from last week that should help you out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=646917

I was just on the CB the week of September 23rd and the ship was just as lovely as the year before. People seem to be working on it all the time as I put my hand on a still wet varnished rail at sailaway :eek: and saw them installing carpet in one of the hallways another day. We seen them doing some painting on the outside of the ship another day. I don't think you have to worry about the condition of the ship. We thought it was wonderful!

Be forewarned, the mattresses were horrible, and we were in a mini-suite. We had an egg crate topper but it didn't improve it very much. I was also surprised by a somewhat worn bedspread (but simply asked the cabin steward to remove it, as the duvet and other bed linens were wonderful).

Other than that, the ship seemed in good shape. I observed several people cleaning in the public areas each day and a fresh coat of varnish was being applied to the outside cabinets on Promenade deck.

I also wrote a review here (First Time Cruiser's Review of the CB 10/7 - 10/14) but it focuses more on our day to day activities.

Link to review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=645254

In one word - Excellent.

I even didn't mind the beds that much, must be those aft cabins or the Crooners martinis!;)

:p :D

Yep, our bed was great. If you like sleeping in a crater. ;) But I'd sleep in them again in a heartbeat!

In one word - Excellent.

I even didn't mind the beds that much, must be those aft cabins or the Crooners martinis!;)

I have to agree. At first I thought the beds would be a problem but all that gentle rocking had me to sleep in no time! I have sleeping problems and didn't take a single pill the whole time on the crusie.

Archived