room recommendations on the Grand

motherchic

Looking to book my first cruise on Princess, on the Grand

cannot afford a mini suite.

On Celebrity- the aft cabins are wonderful and the balconies can easily hold over a dozen people.

I would appreciate knowing which cabins are best , with an unrestricted view etc....

Many thanks

Nadine

The aft cabins on the grand class ships are wonderful too. At the railing, you have a straight down view into the water. However they do not hold that many people as you mentioned like Celebrity, unless you book the aft suites. Here is a very desirable location (category BB)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/102025550UlWCMW

C752 and C753 are corner afts. You can't go wrong with either.

I agree that the aft-facing balcony cabins might be your best bet. They are fully covered, so you don't get the trash from Lido Deck that seems to be a problem on Celebrity's M-class ships. The balconies aren't all the same size and some (not all) aft balconies have a structural support that can be a problem for some. I know the Dolphin deck balcony cabins don't have this support; the VS suites get it instead.

Just remember if you book a cabin midship that there is no central staircase on the Grand Princess (it's on the deck plans but is for crew only) You will either have to wait for an elevator or walk to either the bow or stern for stairs.

Doug

We have sailed twice on princess with balcony cabins.These were about nidship on the aloha, crown, and caribe on sun, These are good. We are going on the grand, 20 day, 3 contient in april 08. We got the rear facing c753. I couldnt believe it. Thanks for these photos. It looks like a great layout. How was the ride in the rear facing? Someone said there might be a little more roll. I cant wait for this cruise

On Celebrity- the aft cabins are wonderful and the balconies can easily hold over a dozen people.

I would appreciate knowing which cabins are best , with an unrestricted view etc....

Many thanks

Nadine

Will you need a cabin with a dozen berths too? :eek: :D :)

We have sailed twice on princess with balcony cabins.These were about nidship on the aloha, crown, and caribe on sun, These are good. We are going on the grand, 20 day, 3 contient in april 08. We got the rear facing c753. I couldnt believe it. Thanks for these photos. It looks like a great layout. How was the ride in the rear facing? Someone said there might be a little more roll. I cant wait for this cruise

We're going to be your neighbor!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

If you don't get an aft cabin, the balcony cabins on the Caribe decks have larger balconies than the other decks. They are 1/2 covered and 1/2 open so you get some sun and some privacy. We love those Caribe deck cabins!

I agree with luv2travel2beaches. My DW and I were on the Grand out of Galveston April, 2007 and had a forward cabin on Caribe Deck C-230. The Balconies are about 10' X 10', have a table, two straight back chairs & two lounge chairs. Just as stated, they are half covered and half exposed to the decks above. I thought this would bother me but it was great to have the direct sun or a little shade when you want it. Great ship & crew, enjoy.

Hello Neighbor

Have you sailed a rear facing before? How was the ride? Different than the side facing cabins? This cruise is shaping up to be the best we have ever taken. On our last cruise on the crown we talked to our neighbors all the time over the balcony but it doesnt look like the rear facing are like that.Its nice to meet someone that is going to be on the cruise.

Hello Neighbor

Have you sailed a rear facing before? How was the ride? Different than the side facing cabins? This cruise is shaping up to be the best we have ever taken. On our last cruise on the crown we talked to our neighbors all the time over the balcony but it doesnt look like the rear facing are like that.Its nice to meet someone that is going to be on the cruise.

Archived