Great Beach walk-Sydney

sayaguru

Today I did the coastal walk from Bronte to Bondi Beach in Sydney. I've done it a few times and today it was just beautiful. The weather was lovely, blue sky.

We parked south of Bronte (can't get a spot closer anyway) and walked to Bronte (my daughter says she is definitely coming boy shopping here with her friends) then north to Tamarama Beach which is a lovely little beach with a nice park and cafe.

North of that is McKenzies Bay which has no sand but is very picturesque. There were some big boulders with green moss. Unfortunately I forgot my camera but I will be going again in 2 weeks so will take photos and post a link here.

From here we continued to Bondi beach, where we lazed on the sand people watching. We had lunch then walked back. It's about 4km return with a few steps.

If you are in Sydney 1-18th of November this walk is a must. The annual "sculptures by the sea" exhibition is on. There are 100 sculptures lining the walk. It's amazing every year. It's usually October-Nov if you are here next year check the website for exact dates next year.

http://www.sculpturesbythesea.com As mentioned, I'll post photos in 2-3 weeks. I never miss it.

I definitely take living in one of the best cities in the world for granted.

Today I did the coastal walk from Bronte to Bondi Beach in Sydney. I've done it a few times and today it was just beautiful. The weather was lovely, blue sky.

We parked south of Bronte (can't get a spot closer anyway) and walked to Bronte (my daughter says she is definitely coming boy shopping here with her friends) then north to Tamarama Beach which is a lovely little beach with a nice park and cafe.

North of that is McKenzies Bay which has no sand but is very picturesque. There were some big boulders with green moss. Unfortunately I forgot my camera but I will be going again in 2 weeks so will take photos and post a link here.

From here we continued to Bondi beach, where we lazed on the sand people watching. We had lunch then walked back. It's about 4km return with a few steps.

If you are in Sydney 1-18th of November this walk is a must. The annual "sculptures by the sea" exhibition is on. There are 100 sculptures lining the walk. It's amazing every year. It's usually October-Nov if you are here next year check the website for exact dates next year.

http://www.sculpturesbythesea.com As mentioned, I'll post photos in 2-3 weeks. I never miss it.

I definitely take living in one of the best cities in the world for granted.

I'll be there on 11-10. Is this accessable from the cruiseship dock?? Public transportation available?? How far?

Another lovely walk is to catch the Mosman Ferry to Mosman and walk back to Cremorne Point. From there you can either catch a Bus back to Circular Quay or retrace your steps to Cremorne Wharf and catch the Ferry back to the city.

It is so beautiful walking around the harbour, especially on a sunny day. It doesn't take a huge amount of time but it is worth the effort. The Ferry only takes about 7 minutes from Circular Quay to Mosman.

Jennie

Jennie,

You are always so helpful. I am sorry we didn't sail with you a while back. We will be cruising Mercury starting December 23, 2007. We are in Sydney the 23rd and 24th, and Melbourne the 26th. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You can get the 380 or 333 (prepay only) from Circular Quay to Bondi Beach and start the walk there. When you get to Tamarama you can catch a 362 back to Bondi (or walk) and then catch the 380 or 333 back to Circular Quay.

You can get a daytripper ticket for $15 which will cover any number of bus, rail and ferry journeys in one day.

Hi. I did this walk again last week. The scultpure by the sea exhibition is on. Pity there has been so much rain this week. I have put a link to my photos. I went in the afternoon (with SSOOO many other people) and some are psitioned so the sun is behind them. I am going back one morning to get some more photos.

Apparently they are expecting 500,000 people. It finishes on Nov 18.

For those planning on being in Sydney next year it is going to be on earlier. Apparently daylight saving is starting earlier so they are moving it to the end of October so it won't be so hot (haha). It was actually 30 degrees at the end of October and we are lucky to hit 19 this week (that's celcius for those in the north).

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561379282cSCGDW

Those are some great works of art....with an incredible backdrop! My wife and I won't be there until January 09, and the art will probably be gone (since it seems they do this around november) but the sand and surf will still be there; so may be there'll be a walk on the beach in our future!

Thanks for the pics

Andy

thanks for posting those photos. I live in sydney and while i have heard about the walk have never done it, how sad is that.

I know now that next year i WILL be doing it.

the squatter certainly has a great view, I assume he is real and not another "artform"

Archived