Over the door shoe organizer

Just bought mine for 5.99 at Target. We have three in an inside room so we can use all of the "organizational tools" that we can get! Our last cruise was last Christmas on the Grandeur and our room was a disaster area. Looking forward to this Christmas on the Golden. . .and not "losing" all of our stuff in our room. Less than 3 months left to go!

bryanool, because the ship's cabins are so small, people take these shoe organizers with them to use for holding misc. items. not just for shoes cuz that would be a ton!! (maybe someone with a shoe fetish!).

-erica

bryanool, I have a 17 year old daughter that HAS to have shoes for every outfit. She is a master at packing, but they can pile up in the room!:D We DO, plan to use it to keep stuff organized like cameras, jewelry, cruise cards, sunscreen, etc. All those things that you were SURE that you put on the counter, but can't seem to find!

We brought an over the door shoe organizer with us on our first cruise.......never took it out of the bag. As we were packing to leave I said to myself, Okay, thats something that won't go with us on our next cruise.

But then as I continued packing, I realized......"Oh, here's that camera. My Mascara, wondered where that had gotten to!" You get the picture. Our desk was always a mess........if I'd taken the shoe organizer out and put it to use, our cabin would have been MUCH less cluttered!

We had trouble finding a shoe bag. Only thing our dollar store had was a childrens size and everything falls out because the pockets are so shallow. We were parking the car one evening and I spotted my husbands tool apron (which he does not use) and it is perfect has 4 big pockets 3 medium and 1 large pocket. It is not see thru but I made notes and stuck them on so we know whats in the pockets.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a wonderful gift a few years ago. I guess it is actually a makeup bag but has 3 sections which fold over top of each other then is tied with matching fabric ties. It has clear plastic sections of different sizes with zippers so you can put in makeup etc. I use it for medications, safety pins, hairspray, toothpaste, first aid items etc. It has a a hanger at one end so that you can open it up and hang it in a closet or on the back of a door so I think I'll use that if I can't find a shoe organizer.

Lyn

I found the over the door organizer at the dollar store! Actually I think I'll take it instead of my other bag, it takes up less room. The pockets on it are really neat! Hard to believe what you find for only $1.00!

I Like The Kids Size Because You Can Use It For Cameras, Change, Medicine,sun Screen,all The Little Items That You Want To Grab And Go With Either On A Shore Trip Or Just Hanging Out On Deck. The Dollar Store Is The Place To Go. I Have Used Mine On The Last 3 Cruises And It Is Still Good. The Kids Size Are Heavier Plastic Than The Adult Ones.

• 1 month later...

I have looked all over and never been able to locate a shoe organizer at any dollar type store. Yes, I know they are at Walmart, Target, etc.

anyways, 6 cruises later, personally I do not feel that I need an organizer as it appears we have been lucky with our cabins and there appears to be lots of storage space etc. DH and I both have toiletry type bags for our personal stuff--his has a hook so he can hang his from a towel bar etc. Mine fits the medicine cabinet.

On the other hand, taking one with you and hanging it in the closet for your camera, purse, etc.--yes, it does help with neatness. :D

Over the door shoe bags - one of the great boons to mankind (ranks right up there with fire and the wheel!)!

Found out about this tip before our last cruise and it was really a terrific spacesaver - would not cruise again without one!

Dollar General Stores have a bag for $2 to organize toiletries. It can be hung inside your shower curtain, using the same hooks as the curtain, or can hang from the pipe to the shower head. We are taking one of those along with the "shoe" organizer. There will be NO excuse to lose anything. :D

Archived