Explorer Live Now And Then

So looking forward to your story - my hubbie & I are going on the ship next Sunday 11/11 = we are first time cruisers and are very excited but a bit apprehensive also.

Enjoy!

You have an excellent Captain and a great ship for your cruise! Don't worry! I'll probably still be posting pictures by the time you leave:) Have a great cruise! :D

I watched a teenager plunge straight down the stairs this afternoon landing on his face, yes he fine as he's young! I would be in a body cast by now! I have a death grip on those handrails!

The older pax must be scared to death to even walk across the cabin to the bathroom. I know how afraid and unsteady my parents were after Dad broke his hip.

It'll soon be over and you'll be pulling into port.

Hi to Suzanne and everyone else on Exp.I have been with you( in spirit) on this cruise since your first post and will be so glad when u guys get back home tomorrow safe and sound. We sailed for the first time in Mariner on 2005 and had tochange route to avoid Dennis..the seas were so calm I was not even aware I was on a ship!!! Last year we sailed in December, again on the Mariner and we hit some rough weather.I was terrified and wish I had met some experienced folks like yourself, to allay my fears at the time.

This must have been awful for you but your posts have been so upbeat and positive in this difficult time, you are an inspiration to all us worry warts out here! Look forward to reading your latest post Suzanne and safe journey home to everyone.

Scott and Corrie x

Listen, Remember one thing.......RCCL is NEVER going to risk damage to one of their ships or risk injury to a ship full of passengers. They have the latest computer technology on the Explorer and other ships to make sure we all stay safe and they are in constant communication with Miami and other weather experts to make sure we stay safe. It can be scarey, there was even a few minutes last night that I put my bag with passport/credit cards and flashlight on counter thinking hey, ya never know! :D Although the life vest and some clothes may have been a better choice as having no shoes, being half naked and no lifevest is probably not the best look for anyone for muster! LOL! :p This part of the Atlantic out of NY area is known to be rough quite a bit so you get used to it after awhile. Noel is just an added bonus we did not need! Always maintain a sense of humor and bring Bonine and you'll be fine! :D

OMG....The PROMENADE WINDOW BLEW OUT??? Thank God it didn't land on anyone on the promenade below! We went out to dinner with friends tonight, and all I could think of was the dining room onboard and all of you trying to sit steady enough to have a meal. :(

Yup! It was on deck 6 I think they said and yes, it was a miracle no one was hurt. They fixed it right away and that amazed everyone that they could malke arepair like that so fast and in rough seas but they did it! Captain definitely had stabelizers out for dinner as I was thinking..........Oh now this is nice, it's must be calming down! HAHAHAHAH!:D 10:45 and we are getting slammed again! Lots of breakage with plates, glasses and things also in bars. Just can't help it when ship suddenly pitches.

I know exactly what you're going through! I've seen bars lose all their bottles and glasses, stools & a slot machine fall over, & gift shop items falling off shelves, but never saw a window blow out (never want to either...yikes).

Yeah...clothes & a vest WOULD be good things to have at the muster station! :D

I know exactly what you're going through! I've seen bars lose all their bottles and glasses, stools & a slot machine fall over, & gift shop items falling off shelves, but never saw a window blow out (never want to either...yikes).

Yeah...clothes & a vest WOULD be good things to have at the muster station! :D

Ya think? :D I CANNOT wait to be back on cable! I keep getting disconnected everytime the ship lurches!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we can wait thought dont know what we will do tomorrow as we have to leave the hotel by noon, suggested shopping but i just got a look:p :p . we will plan to get there about 5 i guess, we will see how the day goes.

Ask for late check out! Most hotels are very accommodating.

Hello all! Reporting live from the Explorer! Have not been on the boards since I have to pay for the internet and it takes forever but it is free right now!!! I think the "motion in the ocean" has eased up a bit although every now and then - we get a jolt!! I didn't think dinner was bad at all! We had late dinner and really didn't feel much movement. Spent a little bit in the Chamber on deck 3 in the front of the ship and it was not too bad there either. Just now and then - you would lose your stomach :D It did feel rough before dinner - kind of like you were going this way and that way! I have the feeling that I am going to be rocking and rolling on land for sometime when we get off the ship. Says on the 1/2 day Compass for tomorrow that we will have a Sail In Party. Not sure if I really want to party about ending my vacation but why not?!!! The cruise has been great and I have no complaints. I hope those sailing after us have smoother seas! Will catch up sometime when I get home! Works beckons Monday at 8am - not sure about that!!!

Well Suzanne hope you get to read this. It is good the captain had to slow down the ship. I could see the pics of the Atlantic off of AC on Friday and how rough it was. Like you said everyone will be safe, it just does not feel that way.

Trish and I experienced that extra half day at sea. When we got off the ship it was a absolute zoo. Dh had stated that he never wanted to sail from Bayonne again. Now that they have the system better organized, I do not think even with the late arrival it will be that bad. Since you are coming in on a Sunday the traffic should not be horrendous . Getting out of the parking lot and waiting to make that turn at the end of the Blvd was bad. Since you are going to be called early to get off it will be a lot better were were among the last color to be called then.

I am sure you will be happy to put your feet on solid ground. CWYS (chat with you soon.)

Listen, Remember one thing.......RCCL is NEVER going to risk damage to one of their ships or risk injury to a ship full of passengers. They have the latest computer technology on the Explorer and other ships to make sure we all stay safe and they are in constant communication with Miami and other weather experts to make sure we stay safe.

Always maintain a sense of humor and bring Bonine and you'll be fine! :D

Great advice, Suzanne! :D

Welcome home!!!!! We've missed you on the 12/2 thread. As Patrick said, there are a few surprises waiting. LOL

Thanks to all you posters from the EX for keeping us EX lovers up to date and in the loop! :)

I have a friend onboard. I looked up the latitude and longitude of the Explorer at 9:18 this morning here:

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/rccl/obs/ex-rt-obs.pl

Here is what I came up with for location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=address&latlongtype=decimal&latitude=39.6&longitude=-73.7

You can move the map up and down by dragging on it to see how far away from Bayonne they currently are. Hope this helps.

Nancy

To Suzanne and All Who Sailed the Ex this Past Week:

Welcome back. I know I speak for everyone on these boards that we are relieved that you have come through the storm and have made it back home safe and sound. This is one cruise you will never forget!!!

Suzanne, thanks for keeping us all posted. I marvel at how calm and collected you have been!! You're a great role model! However, let's hope that on our 5/31 cruise, the only thing you're modeling is how to get to those cookies :)!

Looking forward to your review and pictures.

Pat

Hi All.

Ijust checked cruisecal.com and it appears to me that the ship is approaching Sandy Hook,that is where they pickup the harbor pilot.The have slowed down to 18 knots from 21 early this morning.I am from NJ so I know the parts of the stae where they are.

Another thing is today is the NY Marathon and it starts at the Varazano Bridge in a few minutes.Can you imagine going under the bridge with 38000 people running across.

Hello all! Reporting live from the Explorer! Have not been on the boards since I have to pay for the internet and it takes forever but it is free right now!!! I think the "motion in the ocean" has eased up a bit although every now and then - we get a jolt!! I didn't think dinner was bad at all! We had late dinner and really didn't feel much movement. Spent a little bit in the Chamber on deck 3 in the front of the ship and it was not too bad there either. Just now and then - you would lose your stomach :D It did feel rough before dinner - kind of like you were going this way and that way! I have the feeling that I am going to be rocking and rolling on land for sometime when we get off the ship. Says on the 1/2 day Compass for tomorrow that we will have a Sail In Party. Not sure if I really want to party about ending my vacation but why not?!!! The cruise has been great and I have no complaints. I hope those sailing after us have smoother seas! Will catch up sometime when I get home! Works beckons Monday at 8am - not sure about that!!!

Thanks for your updates also, you and Suzanne seem to have taken the whole thing in your stride and not let it ruin your cruise - well done and I hope you have a safe journey home! I imagine you'll be walking funny for a day or two!!!! My husband and I will be on Explorer in just under 4 weeks time so we're hoping for smooth seas but who knows??!!

I am HOME! :D We were allowed to stay in our cabin until about 230 and than we headed to the pub to wait a bit. Diamond lounge was standing room only, CL was standing room only, found nice table and chairs in pub! We docked about 3pm and we were in the first group called off the ship which was about 4:20 and we pulled out of port at 4:50. It was much better than I thought it would be. We grabbed a porter and he got us to the curb and DH pulled right up to load luggage and we were OUT OF THERE! :D The line of traffic coming INTO port was endless it seemed. No sign of anyone dropping off when we were loading so I'm not sure what the port did with the new passengers. We made it home in about an hour 10 minutes, picked up our dogs and I have the first load of laundry going! Glad to be back home after 2 weeks at sea! :) Tons of pictures coming in a couple of days! :D

Archived