Jazz Cruise Elation

GTVCRUISER

Well, I booked it. I'll make my final decision at final payment which is Nov. 22. I swear dh is going to have me committed. There was one assigned 1A left, and I figured once word got out on this the rooms would really rise in price(if there were any!). Edited to say this is the 2008 All Star Smooth Cruise.

Marie

Gary,

I am still not 100% sure on this since reading the above thread. I will make up my mind after the Spirit cruise. There is a group on the Oosterdam from the CC board sailing on Feb. 9, so it is between this cruise and that one. I haven't been on HAL since March 2006 and am sure missing HAL. However, the jazz cruise does sound like it has the potential to be lots of fun(and it is less expensive). Such a dilemna, huh? LOL,LOL!

Marie

Haven Entertainment is proud to announce the 2008 All Star Smooth Cruise from January 19-26, 2008.

Fans will be treated to a sizzling musical lineup onboard and in port that ranges from R&B to blues to smooth jazz. The cruise will be hosted by Grammy award winner Norman Brown. Highly acclaimed saxophonist Boney James will be tearing up the stage during this week-long extravagana as well. The excitement will build with guitarist Nick Colionne serving up hot and unpredictable jam sessions with a cast of your favorite artists every night. Very special invited guest Warren Hill brings his talent and cruise experience to this year's sailing. As well as performing, multi-platinum pianist/vibist Alan Hewitt will be giving guests an insider's sneak peek into the backstage life of the artists with informal and fun interviews.

Appearing as part of the entertainment packaage will be Kool and the Gang, Four Tops, The Spinners, Acoustic Alchemy, Marion Meadows, Larry Carlton, Shilts from Down to the Bone, Paul Taylor, Steve Oliver, Cheili Minucci, Althea Rene and several more major artists still to be announced!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Theme: Jazz on Carnival's Elation

The Date: January 21 - 26, 2008 (two-night pre-cruise party in San Diego)

Details: The All-Star Smooth Jazz Cruise features artists like Paul Taylor, Boney James, Warren Hill, Joyce Cooling and Althea Rene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found out through this board that the Elation Jan 21-26 is a Jazz cruise. I booked through Carnival directly and they never said anything about it being a special or themed cruise. Their website had no info about this either. I like all types of music, including Jazz, but I'm wondering if this will be a very different cruise experience than one that is not "themed". Thanks for any info.

Hi snorkelrose , I have been on a few of the themed cruises , some have private concerts and some are for everyone on board.This will be Cruise #4 on the Elation for me ,it is a smaller ship but in good condition. I think you will have a good time.

Archived