Fed up w/Carnival - Just need to vent

HOSKI

I'm glad to read that others are having problems with the website, I thought it was just me.

I've filled out and printed my funpass, but when I try to put my booking number into the "my reservation" area, it comes up with an error saying that booking number does not exist. :confused:

Has anyone else been able to access their reservation through that area?

It's ok to vent but you may be venting at the wrong people take it from me I am a TA that books many groups. When you book with a group now after second deposit and you names are turned in to Carnival they issue to the Travel agent each cabin a booking number you TA had to have this info you just didn't get it. There are many reasons the fun pass fail, the biggest is mispelled names and the booking number On my last group I had over 80 people book and only had a problem with 3 on the fun pass

and you guessed it, the names were mispelled. I would call your TA and vent if I was you. You can get your pass guest number on any issue of "Currents Magazine" if you have a copy it's right above you name. You can also call Carnival at 1 800 327-9501. I got all of my group by just calling and giving thier names the rep just put in the name and found them for me. again may be you need to vent at your TA.

I've been trying to get my past guest number -- supposedly affects price you're quoted online at various sites -- including Carnival's. After entering my date of birth and zip code (as instructed) I was told my Past Guest Number was already assigned to another person! I've emailed to find out what my number is, but have yet to get a reply (but that was just a week or two ago -- guess I have a long wait for a reply....)

Have to agree the web site leaves a lot to be desired! It gave me my past guest number and it let me complete my funpass after I got my booking number. BUT, when I attempted to edit my profile in order to set up an easier password than the combination of numbers they gave me, after filling out the application it keeps coming back with the message that the birthdate is in error! There are lots of things I don't know (or remember at 68) but I sure do know my birthdate! Have never yet gotten it to let me make that change! Of course, if they want to make me 30 years younger I wouldn't mind; but it would take more than changing a couple of numbers. So vent on. As for all of our Cruise Critic friends in Florida, my prayers are with you that God will keep you safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Momofmeg, well said. Carnival has alot of work to do in many areas, as do other lines I am sure. We should definitely be able to vent every so often :D

Thank you.

Yes I know about guest relations. This is not directed to gonecruising but the other person who felt I was complaining when I was just defending the original post. In my case Carnival cleared up the situation and even had a bottle of wine waiting in our stateroom when we boarded. So I personally have no complaints at all. I just get tired when something goes wrong for a person these cruiseline loyalists try to turn it into the person's fault.

In the end our pocketbook speaks louder then any words we may type in a post at CC. So if we choose not to cruise again with a cruiseline- the cruiseline will get the message. Funny thing with cruiseline loyalists too-when something negative happens to THEM PERSONALLY then it is an entirely different story.

I love the information we get here and love chatting back and forth with you folks but I guess some of the stuff we read here we should just take "with a grain of salt".

I have my guest number but couldn't get the fun pass to accept "yes" that I was a past guest. It also kept changing my return flight time from pm to am for no apparent reason. I had my past guest number written down with my cruise docs and when the lady who checked us in asked if I was a past guest I told her yes. The computer did not pull up my number so I gave it to her. Sure enough I received an invitation to the past guest party. Don't worry about it...just take your numbers with you. :)

I just get tired when something goes wrong for a person these cruiseline loyalists try to turn it into the person's fault.

I just posted some similar comments about this phenomenon on a different message board. A first-time cruiser had some complaints that seemed legitimate, and one poster tried to say that the only problem was that she had gone into the cruise with a negative attitude. She hadn't, though; she had written that she chose to go on a cruise because the thought they looked like fun. She *wanted* to have a good time, but ran into problems.

I've seen this pattern of behavior over and over; certain loyalists seem to be willing to overlook just about any problem. They've accepted poor customer service as something normal, and are critical of those who have higher expectations. I, for one, refuse to lower my expectations. I'm not looking for perfection, but for what I'm paying for my upcoming cruise I do hope to find a certain level of quality.

Archived