Quest 10/24/07 Sailing - No Specialty Dinning for You!

Xcruiser

Just hours before we sail the maiden voyage of Quest we get a call from a X CC rep, “sorry to inform you because of the short nature of your cruise we have canceled your specialty restaurant reservations”. No they didn’t offer any options other than if someone else cancels onboard the ship you might be able to go.

We received confirmation of the reservations Oct 1st (have the conformation email in front of me) when they first started making them. Seems they had over booked.

Not to get a chance to try one of these specialty dinning restaurants is sad and the way they handled it is even worse. We were offered a $ 25.00 OBC to say they are sorry, SO AM I.

Not a good way to start off by making loyal customers unhappy before the ship sails. I hope the ship is real good because it will need to be after this.

The cruse is just hours away and I should be happy, now I not so happy at all. :(

Why is it understandable that they would cancel a confirmed reservation, regardless of cruise length? Sounds like the OP either got bumped for someone more important or Azamara doesn't have their act together and the specialty restaurants aren't ready to go yet. Either way, this sounds lame.

Hi Everyone !

I am on the sailing tomorrow, and I did not hear of any cancellation on my Dining (that I know of). I will admit, after all of the problems of simply making the reservation, I was concerned if we would get to eat in the Specialty Dining venues on Quest. I will simply hope for the best.

I am a bit surprised that some have said its understandable. Unless the venues are entirely closed, I do not feel this is acceptable. If a reservation was made and confirmed, they should honor the reservation. It shouldnt matter if it were a 2 day Cruise or a 102 day Cruise. If you were in the OP's shoes, you wouldnt be happy either.

I will report more from the ship tomorrow night.

GrBlizz and Xcruiser......

Not a nice way to start things off..........However with the way that reservations were handled originally, I'm wondering if they did really overbook, and maybe went by Captains club status or something.

However cancelling a booking at the last minute is truly rude on Azamaras part.

We did not recieve any calls or emails regarding our reservations at Aqualina. If it were in my power I'd have them join John and I for dinner on Wednesday, but I think they are going to have their hands full by the sounds of it.

I know its no consolation, but I'm gonna buy both of them a drink at our get together.

Youz guyz hit me up. Okay.

SEE you tomorrow.

Dave:eek:

No question it's unacceptable. How long before now did they know they overbooked, if they actually did? Smells like someone pulling rank and our fellow poster getting the short end of the stick.

Not a good plan for cruise #1.

I was also bumped, and informed at 3:45 pm the day before sailing.

I am furious. I also could not print my e-docs because of a "glitch" in the system. I am traveling with only my boarding pass and my "confirmation" of my Prime C reservation.

The story that they told me just didn't make sense and you know what Judge Judy says," If it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true!"

A disappointing way to start your cruise .... I would be tempted to show up at the reserved time, looked confused about being advised of the cancellation, tell them how much you have been looking forward to this dinner and that you'll be glad to wait for the next available table. And if they insist that you cannot dine there...point to an empty table, walk over to it and say, this table is empty and I don't mind being seated here, thank you.:rolleyes:

I hope that the rest of your trip makes up for this disappointment.:)

sorry you got bumped - i know it's a touchy subject but can someone advise how you actually make a pre-cruise reservation for the specialty restaurants??? I've been wading through the 'managing your reservation' segment of the website and i can't find a link.

many thanks

You just need to be Captains Club members and call them directly. I unfortunately didn't do it in advance on our Sept 1 Journey cruise but wish I had. They had very little to choose from when we tried at 12:30 PM the day of the sailing.

Andy

Writing this from the Quest.

I was one of the people whose dinner reservations were bumped. When we got to the pier, we were handed a note saying that they had decided to make the specialty dining rooms available only for suite passengers and Elite members. Of course that seems like a policy one would want to have made BEFORE giving people confirmed reservations, but it did rather make sense to me.

Then when we got on board, there was a note offering a consolation prize - lunch in one of the specialty restaurants tomorrow. I think that was offered to all Captain's Club members. We signed up for that, and we are looking forward to it.

I won't step on Host Andy's review, but I have to say everything has been amazingly positive so far. Plus, as an added bonus, the internet is free right now (which is why I am sitting in our cabin writing this, as DH watches the World Series).

As an extra added bonus, I just now saw Dave's offer of a drink, so I will have to hit him up tomorrow.

Cheers, Donna

the internet is free right now (which is why I am sitting in our cabin writing this, as DH watches the World Series).

Cheers, Donna

Well Donna,

Glad to hear that your husband gets to see the world series!! That alone must've made his cruise :)

Alan & Regina

Archived