The ONE Outlet In the Cabin

Name game

So don't bring a power strip if all you need is two outlets, as you have two of them. I used my european adapter for my Axim, and the 110 outlet to charge the batteries on my camera.

Even if you need only two outlets as described, a strip is still a good idea. If you look at the picture of the outlet I posted above you will see the problem. Many battery chargers including the one for my camera are too wide to plug-in while the other outlet is occupied.

Just off Liberty there is a outlet behind the bed couldn't tell what kind. In bathroom was a outlet siad it was just for shavers. I also found my rechargeable batteries did not hold a charge like they usally do on land. I have question on the swich for the bathroom light is what appears to be a LED behind a clear window any idea what it is?

Even if you need only two outlets as described, a strip is still a good idea. If you look at the picture of the outlet I posted above you will see the problem. Many battery chargers including the one for my camera are too wide to plug-in while the other outlet is occupied.

Ah yes, the wallwart problems :)

I was able to use both outlets though, and those that have a european adapter or plug can use that as well as the US plug.

Maybe a three outlet adapter would be a better choice than a strip. Smaller, and easier to carry. I see they have some with nightlights too. Those inside cabins can get very dark.

But of course that is just me, as I think a strip would be too much.

Geez, and my dh thought I was an interesting character bringing power strips and extension cords on the ship. I have five of the eleven on your list. I used the outlet behind the tv and the one at the desk. Oh and I always travel with my electric blanket so I have cords all over the place. :)

Bring a couple of extention cords

0. GPS charger

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11. Chanukkah tree lights

Need about 14 outlets

I have another question about electrical outlets, I hope you don't mind me asking this on your thread.

DH uses a Cpap machine when he sleeps.

Our next cruise is on the Victory and I was wondering if this ship has an outlet near the bed that he will be able to use.

When we were on the Liberty this past January he wasn't using it so I didn't think to look.

Anyone know?

DW uses one too and we bring along an extension cord just for that reason. Needed it on the Victory

Geez, and my dh thought I was an interesting character bringing power strips and extension cords on the ship. I have five of the eleven on your list. I used the outlet behind the tv and the one at the desk. Oh and I always travel with my electric blanket so I have cords all over the place. :)

Mom? is that you?:confused:

Maybe a three outlet adapter would be a better choice than a strip. Smaller, and easier to carry. I see they have some with nightlights too. Those inside cabins can get very dark.

But of course that is just me, as I think a strip would be too much.

I agree, I am going to pick up a three outlet adapter.

I also need to sleep with a CPAP. I have started storing an extension cord on the bottom of the carrying case. I cruised last year in the Noordam, and the out let was not real convient. I was able to plug in the extension cord. Since than I have just left the cord in the carrying case.

I hope that helps, good traveling!!!

I seem to remember not being able to move the nightstands on the Conquest. There was only the outlet on the desk.

They can be moved and have to be to change the bed configuration from twins to king. They must kind of bolt them in some how because we always tell our steward about my sisters machine and he makes that plug available.

Thanks Firefly and Fred

I'll remember the extention. No one but DH would get any sleep if I forgot it!

I had read all about this before our cruise in July but the only thing I forgot was the extension cord.

Hired one from the pursers desk and paid the $25 on the S&S.

Thing was so long but I eventually got used to not tripping over the damn thing.

Returning it on the last night was the problem and had to stand in the line to the pursers desk for an hour and a half just so the deposit could be processed off my S&S card. Next time I will remember it I am sure.

I also needed a lead for the CPAP pump. If you want to put your lead in your luggage and also do not want to self disembark then give some thought to your last sleep on the ship and how you will manage if the CPAP pump is in your luggage or you return the extension cord early. Luckily I can survive one night without the pump, more than that and I go downhill rapidly with sleepiness, headaches and at worst mild angina symptoms.

Archived