The ONE Outlet In the Cabin

Name game

I tried a search and after 15 minutes I just gave up. The one outlet in the cabin, is it two prong or three prong? I need to know in order to bring my power strip.

Mind you, this upcoming cruise is either 18 or 19 for me on Carnival. My brain is in the frozen zone and I can't remember. :confused:

I have another question about electrical outlets, I hope you don't mind me asking this on your thread.

DH uses a Cpap machine when he sleeps.

Our next cruise is on the Victory and I was wondering if this ship has an outlet near the bed that he will be able to use.

When we were on the Liberty this past January he wasn't using it so I didn't think to look.

Anyone know?

I have another question about electrical outlets, I hope you don't mind me asking this on your thread.

DH uses a Cpap machine when he sleeps.

Our next cruise is on the Victory and I was wondering if this ship has an outlet near the bed that he will be able to use.

When we were on the Liberty this past January he wasn't using it so I didn't think to look.

Anyone know?

The one outlet that I remember is near the desk. Depends on which cabin you have if it would be close enough to plug in near the desk. Id bring a extension just in case.

Thanks Firefly and Fred

I remember plugging in my camera and hairdryer on the desk but I never looked for anymore so I wasn't sure.

I'll remember the extention. No one but DH would get any sleep if I forgot it!

Fred are you safe & all family okay?

Are both of the outlets active? For instance, if I have a converter for the Eurpoean plug, can I give myself 2 outlets to use?

Isnt the European outlet someplace wierd like the bathroom? I could be confusing cruislines.

I have not seen any outlets near the bed though on any cruise. We bring a electrical light up clock and its always a little bit of a challenge where to plug it in to see from the bed at night.

No outlets next to the bed, you need to bring a 12ft extention cord for your CPAP machine. You can also get a Commerical grade extention cord from the Pursers Deck, a $20. refundable fee is required.

Fred

In most rooms there are plugs behind the night tables that your room steward can access for you. My sister always uses them for her machine.

In most rooms there are plugs behind the night tables that your room steward can access for you. My sister always uses them for her machine.

This actually makes sense since there is a light by the bed which means electricity must be somewhere over there.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but some of us have been worrying about Fred because of the fires around San Diego!

Great to see you back again Fred. You were on the thoughts of many posters on this board yesterday!

Stay safe,

Lee

Last year aboard the Spirit, we took a long 18ft extension cord and a power strip. Thanks to this board, we knew in advance about the lack of outlets!

Someone else suggested behind the TV there will be one unoccupied outlet!

Lee

Isnt the European outlet someplace wierd like the bathroom? I could be confusing cruislines.

I have not seen any outlets near the bed though on any cruise. We bring a electrical light up clock and its always a little bit of a challenge where to plug it in to see from the bed at night.

The only other outlet is for electric razors in the bathroom.

That on is this funky looking guy...

RAZOR.jpg

Bring a couple of extention cords

0. GPS charger

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11. Chanukkah tree lights

Need about 14 outlets

Bring a couple of extention cords

0. GPS charger

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11. Chanukkah tree lights

Need about 14 outlets

I assume the crock pot is a joke? :confused:

Are both of the outlets active? For instance, if I have a converter for the Eurpoean plug, can I give myself 2 outlets to use?

Both outlets are active. My laptop is dual-voltage so I plug the brick into the European outlet and a multi-plug strip into the North American outlet. This allows me to plug my computer speakers and battery charger into the power strip.

Yes, But it is a CROK pot. For cooking alligators that I catch off of my balcony using a bungee cord.

lol I didnt realize the spelling was deliberate...but should have know, after reading other of your posts. Are you bringing a kite to fly off the back of the ship while you fish for those gators?

Yes, But it is a CROK pot. For cooking alligators that I catch off of my balcony using a bungee cord.

Ewww!.....Alligators are dangerous! I think the cruise lines should cancel any ports that have dangerous animals like alligators running loose. If they gave a hoot about anything besides the almighty dollar they wouldn't needlessly put their passengers at risk. :eek:

lol I didnt realize the spelling was deliberate...but should have know, after reading other of your posts. Are you bringing a kite to fly off the back of the ship while you fish for those gators?

I also didn't realize the spelling was deliberate. I get it now. :D

Both outlets are active. My laptop is dual-voltage so I plug the brick into the European outlet and a multi-plug strip into the North American outlet. This allows me to plug my computer speakers and battery charger into the power strip.

I did that as well when I took my Axim with me to Europe. Leaving the European converter plugged in, it had a light on it, so it doubled as a nightlight.

Really most all electronic devices that convert ac to dc will work in other countries. We get students all around the world here in our MBA program that just need a cord or a plug to use for their laptops. Considering where more electronics are made it isn't surprising.

Just look on the transformer for the 50/60 HZ and 110/220v markings. 50hz 220v is used by most of the world, while the western world uses 60hz 110v.

So don't bring a power strip if all you need is two outlets, as you have two of them. I used my european adapter for my Axim, and the 110 outlet to charge the batteries on my camera.

Archived