Excursion for 7 yr old and younger + Grandma

kandlwed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Private cave tubing vendors will take children under the age of 8 and are generally more careful of them than the ship tours are. When I went with cave-tubing.com, there were several children including a 5 year old in our group. Unlike the ships tours, they had us link together so there was no way that the children could get separated from the group.

Also I do not now how old grandma is, but I am over 60 and have gone cave tubing twice. If she doesn't mind walking for about 25 minutes, likes the water and does not mind the dark, she'll love it. Even my sister who is not adventurous enjoyed it.

We also went zip lining in Costa Rica last summer. My niece was only 7 so they had one of the guides take her down. She loved it.

It makes a big difference how old and in what shape Grandma is. We did cave tubing and zip lining, as well as snorkeling, hiking, dune buggies, etc. last year at 61, but we're in pretty good shape and lucky enough not to have any of the major maladies of age yet. I didn't think any of them were particularly strenuous, just fun, but you have to evaluate her health and stamina and go from there.

As stated above, private operators often will take kids younger than the cruise line age limits, and from our experience cave tubing in Belize, would be much safer with a private company.

Beaches and zoos are always good for all ages, particularly for children. Also dolphin swims/viewing.

Archived