Cruise Director - Sun princess

Cruiser OZ60

Love him or hate him, Dan Styne is the best cruise director the company has out here.

where do you think the jokes came from that Demo etc tell ???

each and every one of them were learnt when they were off-siders to Dan.

and don't think for a minute he is the only one with an ego...

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Love him or hate him, Dan Styne is the best cruise director the company has out here.

Looking forward to saying hello to Dan in 2 months time. Dan is the best CD in the business, at least for our cruise! :)

Cheers

Geoff

I guess we were spoiled with two cruises in a row with Demo & Shona!

And you're right Lorriane, I have no doubt there are other's out there with equally large ego's.... Just haven't come across them yet ;)

Hi there,

we had Dan on the Pacific Princess ...and he was very good at his job, popped up everywhere, always said hello, seemed to enjoy his work too!

Wonder if he will still be aboard when we cruise on the Sun Princess to Asia in May? any ideas??

Mind you....Frankie takes a lot of beating...we have had him twice on other Princess cruises...he is just the BEST...:D

S&D

BAB00012.gif.65bfd21625731641eb211bd782bf4b1e.gif

Taking a guess I would Say Dan would not be on your Asia Princess Trip on the Sun in May ..only because they tend to use there Australian based Cruise Directors on Ships out of OZ ...but who knows maybe Dan has his eyes set on bigger ships ??? :rolleyes:

I have heard good and bad about Dan ...I have been on cruises where he has been CD...but must admit ..the general vibe is ..the Company and Cruisers like him because he is good at his job..:) .and he has to be commended for that ...no matter what you think about his ego ??!! :eek:

I think you have to have a bit of an ego to get up on stage and do that job.

I thought Dan did a fantastic job with staff orgnisation and, shows and activities. A show had to be cancelled twice due to a dancers injuries then the show was cancelled due to rough seas. Dan organised alternative shows with little fuss. I think he is a good organiser. I don't think the jokes you tell makes a good cruise director so whether jokes are stolen or not is irrelevant to me. The way you treat people is. I didn't like the way he belittled native people on the islands in the name of humour. He was also rude to me.

I wouldn't say I hate him (as some people have said). He's just not my type of person. Each to their own.

I think you have to have a bit of an ego to get up on stage and do that job.

I thought Dan did a fantastic job with staff orgnisation and, shows and activities. A show had to be cancelled twice due to a dancers injuries then the show was cancelled due to rough seas. Dan organised alternative shows with little fuss. I think he is a good organiser. I don't think the jokes you tell makes a good cruise director so whether jokes are stolen or not is irrelevant to me. The way you treat people is. I didn't like the way he belittled native people on the islands in the name of humour. He was also rude to me.

I wouldn't say I hate him (as some people have said). He's just not my type of person. Each to their own.

Absolutely, we all have our type;)

Cruise directors have never bothered me, and to tell the truth, I only remember Demo as being cruise director on one of our cruises, think it was on the Sky, I would have no clue who was on the rest:rolleyes: it's not important to me, but I probably would remember one I didnt like:D

Chez

xx

Archived