Brisbane Port to Cultural Centre Pontoon

hoppy2

How long does it take to get from the Brisbane Port to the Cultural Centre Pontoon on the riverside Southbank by taxi? I'm wanting to take the Mirimar boat cruise to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, which departs at 10:00 a.m. and begins boarding at 9:30 a.m. What time would I need to leave the port to make the cruise? Thank you.

How long does it take to get from the Brisbane Port to the Cultural Centre Pontoon on the riverside Southbank by taxi? I'm wanting to take the Mirimar boat cruise to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, which departs at 10:00 a.m. and begins boarding at 9:30 a.m. What time would I need to leave the port to make the cruise? Thank you.

What ship are you on?

It will depend on where you berth at Brisbane.You could be at Portside,the new terminal for Australian cruising if your ship can fit under the bridge,otherwise you may end up way out at Fishermans Island among the containers.

Lots of taxis at Portside,in fact you could even take the RiverCat which would drop you off right where you want to be.Not sure about private transport out at Fishermans Island.

• 1 month later...

Hi Hoppy

You have 2 options to get from the Portside Cruise Terminal to Southbank:

Taxi - it is a 15 minute drive but as you will be travelling at the end of the morning peak, it could well take more so I would allow at least 30 minutes to get there. The cab can't get you right to the pontoon and will drop you a few minutes walk away.

Ferry - the City Cat service operates from Brett's Wharf (about a 5 minute walk away from the terminal) and takes you direct to South Bank for the princely sum of $2.70 each way. The ferry ride is quite enjoyable and takes about 40 minutes. Have just checked the timetable for you (at www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/qt/translin.nsf/index/ferry_timetables) and assuming you are in Brisbane on a weekday, the 8:55 service gets to Southbank at 9:35am. The one before that is at 8:28 and gets to Southbank at 9:08 which which give you time for a stroll around the parklands. Southbank Parklands was in fact the site for World Expo in 1988.

As indicated by the previous poster, most cruise ships visiting Brisbane dock at the Portside Wharf Cruise Terminal. However, when some larger ships are in port or when more than one ship is in port at the same time, the commercial port further downstream at Fishermans Island is used. If you are out there, a taxi into the city (assuming sufficients taxis make the trek to meet the ship) will cost at least $50 and take up to an hour to get into town depending on traffic. Cruise lines generally organise for shuttle bus services into the city for passengers though.

Cheers

Bob

Archived