Ft. Lauderdale Disembarkation Time

Maineac

All I can say is that when Regent booked our air back home, they would not book an 11 a.m. direct flight, saying it was too rushed. They put us on a 1 p.m. flight instead.

Last time, we had a 2 p.m. flight I think, but we got to the terminal early and managed to get on an earlier flight. This works sometimes.

As the distance to the airport is close and there are plenty of taxis, if pressed you should be able to make a 10:00 am flight (security at the airport issues aside). HOWEVER, one of the worst experiences is not only leaving the ship, but having the pressure to get off, get to and then get on. Personally, 10:30 am would be about as early as I would comfortably book a flight.

I would not book a flight out of FLL before noon. Depending on where the ship has been, there could be quite a delay in clearing customs. We have seen disembarkation as late as 1130 in Port Everglades. Regent tries to get pax off as quickly as possible and likes to have everyone off by 1000, but it's quite often out of their control.

I agree with Doug. Although it's possible you might get there early, the crush at that little airport can be amazing. It took us about 45 minutes to get through the check-in line, and then they hustled us onto the early flight, and we made it just in time, after feeling really jumpy in the huge long security line.

Archived