Traveling with VIP

GAMOMOF2

I have seen conflicting reports on this so I thought I would ask again. Next Septmeber I will be on my 8th cruise. My mom is paying for the cruise for us and my family. She will be platinum and she has paid for all 4 cabins (one for her and bf, one for me and my family and 2 for sis and her family). We will be able to board VIP with her or do we have to go alone.

Not that big a deal just wanted to know what to look for. I will be platinum myself in no time and this will not be an issue anymore.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

We may need to pass the popcorn but my thoughts are No.

Only your mother is entitled to this perk. If everyone has to stay together, then she should stay with the non-VIP group.

Because I'm MVP with my preferred airline, one of my perks is to bypass the long TSA security line and go thru an 'MVP" line which is much shorter. That does not entitle everyone in my traveling party to take the shorter line. I just have to weave thru like everyone else.

You're still going to get conflicting reports, as it depends on the port and the employees working there.

Usually when I have paid for all of the cabins, we were allowed to go through VIP together...possibly because I also picked up the S&S accounts.

No guarantee, though...

Who "paid" the cabins is not relevant.

Anyone physically in the cabin with your Mom will be listed on her document and will be VIP with her...so she won't be alone.

The rest will just go through the regular process and usually will not lose sight of the rest of the party (or at least not for long).

Have a great cruise!!

It would be nice if she would pick up the S&S too, but hey she is paying for the cruise so I can't ask for too much.:D Thanks

This is a sticky question and you're going to get a lot of...opinions.

You will not know until you get to your terminal what will be allowed. Go wherever the employee tells you to go.

I agree with those who say...it depends. In 2005 I had VIP and five of my traveling companions (2 other cabins) did not have VIP. The Carnival rep offered to check them in along with me, so they did receive this VIP perk. :) She did make reference to the fact that the VIP desk was not busy and that this was why she was able to do so.

Last February (this was out of Long Beach) about half of our group was VIP and half not. We had to go through processing separately. The aggravating part was that the VIP desk was understaffed and the non-VIPs were on the ship and having a drink before the VIPs were cleared.

I'd check with someone when you arrive to see if there really would be a time advantage using the VIP desk. If not, skip it.

Thanks for the responses. I don't expect any perks, I was just wondering if we could go through the same line. My kids are going with us and they love Nana and will not want to leave her. No big deal if I have to go through the regular line. I guess we will just have to see what happens when we get there and I will have to wait for 2 more cruises to get my VIP.:D I guess I need to get to booking so I can get there quicker.

My DH and I are platnium are 3 DS and wifes ect are not. we went into the regular line on our last cruise on the LIBERTY, when one of the employees asked who was platnium I raised by hand , she took us ALL out of line and moved us to VIP, which at the time my DS was outside smokning, when he got back in he couldnt find us and the whole place was laughing watching him go through the row we were supposed to be in....I gues it just depends on who you get......

The only way that you would be allowed is if you were staying in the same cabin. This happened to us as we picked friends up at the airport and we thought they could join us VIP check in but Carnival wouldn't permit because we were staying in seperate rooms.

Archived