Distance from Venice train station to Splendour

dvg1027

Hi,

Does anyone know the distance between the train station and where the Splendour of the Seas is docked?

Also, what is the best way to to get from the station to the Spendour of the Seas? There will be 5 of us. Thanks.

Best to really ask this over on the Europe boards.

But the easiest [and most expensive] way from the station to the port is via private water taxi. The cheapest way is to cross over the Scalzi bridge which is right ouside the station to the opposite bank of the Grand Canal, turn right [so you keep the canal on your right hand side], cross two small bridges until you get to Piazzale Roma. From there you either take a land taxi to the port, you walk which takes 15 mins, you wait for the 'free' shuttle bus or you catch the 6/ bus to the port gates. Hope this helps.

Best to really ask this over on the Europe boards.

But the easiest [and most expensive] way from the station to the port is via private water taxi. The cheapest way is to cross over the Scalzi bridge which is right ouside the station to the opposite bank of the Grand Canal, turn right [so you keep the canal on your right hand side], cross two small bridges until you get to Piazzale Roma. From there you either take a land taxi to the port, you walk which takes 15 mins, you wait for the 'free' shuttle bus or you catch the 6/ bus to the port gates. Hope this helps.

I have done that walk with luggage to my hotel next to the Scalzi bridge with from Piazzale Roma. Those two small bridges are a pain in the bottom with luggage and the Scalzi bridge is even worse. :D If you are going to do this make sure you have rolling luggage.

I would think you could also, catch a vaporetto from the train station to Piazzale Roma too.

OP, from where are you coming that you will be arriving via train to Venice? It seems a shame to sail from Venice without spending a few days in this beautiful city.

jc

We are going to be in Italy for 3 week. The week before and the week after visitng family. We have been to Venice many times before so we are taking the train from Vercelli, (45 mins from Milan) to Venice. My parents, (85 and 86 ) and my aunt who lives in Italy(81) will be with my husband and I so I want to keep the walking at this stage of the trip to a minimum. There will be enough when we get on the ship.

Believe me, get a water taxi. Yes they are expensive but well worth it. You do not want to walk from the station to the port, I don't care how easy you think it is to drag your luggage you will hate yourself after going over one bridge!!!

Archived