Shore Excursions: Book through Windstar or Shoretrips?

number7

Should we book shore excursions through Windstar or through Shoretrips? It looks like some of the trips are the same. Shoretrips is usually a few $ cheaper, but not enough to force a choice. Is there a preference or benefit to one or the other? Thanks.

countdown.pl?name=number7&date=1-13-2008&image=Beach-10&text=In my mind, I

I'd go with WindStar's excursions if all other factors are the same or close to the same. If the bus breaks down or something on a WindStar excursion, they're not going to leave everyone stranded. If you're on your own, it's your responsibility to get back on time, no matter what the challenge, and if you don't get back on time, to catch up with the boat (and your passport) again.

I have always gone with the ship's excursions, however for my upcoming Jan trip, I signed in to book my excursions, and noticed what I feel is a dramatic rise in the prices. I do not know if this is the direct result of new owners of the ship, or just a basic overall price increase in the islands. I did note that on some of Shoretrip's excursions, the price is much lower. This gives rise to thought. We may just book at the ports. In all my years with Windstar, they have never left anyone. They have come close, but never did. ;)

We booked thru WindSurf--and it's a good thing as the ship left without 6 PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T RETURN FROM THEIR SHORE TRIP ON TIME. iT HELD THE SHIP UP WHILE A LAUNCH WAS SENT TO CATCH UP WITH THE WindSurf--The excursions we did were excellent except for Corfu where a stormy day made a change of venue necessary.

Archived