Favorite bar on the Destiny?

Caliber1

When the Destiny first set sail, the Lido Deck bars were actually swim up bars. Long gone now though. :(

The unfortunate side effect of this was the Lido deck bars are situated right in front of the doors that lead to the elevator banks making for some interesting traffic jams. On later ships of this design they moved the bars over to the side.

Does anyone have a favorite bar or bartender on the Destiny? We are just off the Liberty and Elena at the atrium bar was awesome.

My favorite bar on any ship is the closest one.:D

Seriously, I always prefer the bar closest to the dining room for a pre-dinner cocktail. It's fun to watch folks lining up in their finery (and jeans:eek: ) before dinner whilst sipping on a tall, cold one.

When the Destiny first set sail, the Lido Deck bars were actually swim up bars. Long gone now though. :(

The unfortunate side effect of this was the Lido deck bars are situated right in front of the doors that lead to the elevator banks making for some interesting traffic jams. On later ships of this design they moved the bars over to the side.

Swim up bats huh? That sounds cool. Mornin Don. The other one is gone I guess. :(

My favorite bar on any ship is the closest one.:D

Seriously, I always prefer the bar closest to the dining room for a pre-dinner cocktail. It's fun to watch folks lining up in their finery (and jeans:eek: ) before dinner whilst sipping on a tall, cold one.

Whilst??? Mornin repete, what happened last night? :cool:

Swim up bats huh? That sounds cool. Mornin Don. The other one is gone I guess. :(

Yeah, seems a shame especially when I had a message for Fin. If she is still looking for some snow, she can pony up the cash for it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Magnifique-banc-de-neige_W0QQitemZ120200190615QQihZ002QQcategoryZ14883QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, seems a shame especially when I had a message for Fin. If she is still looking for some snow, she can pony up the cash for it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Magnifique-banc-de-neige_W0QQitemZ120200190615QQihZ002QQcategoryZ14883QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like either someone complained, or powers at be figgered it was time to put the old horse down.

Too bad they can't just archive (freeze) the old threads. There was a ton of useful info there.

Really bothers me. I heard why. :cool: It would seem somebody doesn't like our witty banter. Ahem, could you translate please. :D

Looks like either someone complained, or powers at be figgered it was time to put the old horse down.

Too bad they can't just archive (freeze) the old threads. There was a ton of useful info there.

A beer thread with over 1200 posts, LMAO. I'll work on something Monday. :cool: :D

Really bothers me. I heard why. :cool: It would seem somebody doesn't like our witty banter. Ahem, could you translate please. :D

Babelfish can (mostly):

"Description (revised) Seller assume all responsibility for listing this item. Located at St-Eustace, to only 15 minutes of Montreal, I offer a splendid snowdrift to be sold with highest offerer. The snowdrift is a height of approximately 7 feet. It is sold with all surrounding snow (either on approximately 625 square feet). Ideal for slopes of ski or the car on snow next spring... Cause sale: I far received too much delivery for this time of the year and other deliveries are to be envisaged during next months. Personally, I cannot take my warehouse more of it is full and my nerves are with sharp. I want to thus make benefit somebody from other. Gaining bidding will have to take possession of its batch before the end of January 2008. It should be noted that the quantity can varied according to the date of the collecting. Sold just as it is. No return or refunding. NOTE THAT ALL The PROFIT OF THIS SALE WILL BE GIVEN To OPERATION CHILD SUN (see the AGREEMENT SIGNED WITH the ORGANIZATION... ARE GENEROUS!!!!) Good bidding with all!!!!"

this is interesting. do you have any pics???

this is interesting. do you have any pics???

Of what the swimup bar? I wasn't on her then, but Host_randy was, maybe he has some.

In the picture at the link, you can see the bar area behind "Princess Leia in the gold bikini".

She is sitting on a support for what was the bar seats.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dp.spry/Destiny/photo#5107854130520736818

Of what the swimup bar? I wasn't on her then, but Host_randy was, maybe he has some.

In the picture at the link, you can see the bar area behind "Princess Leia in the gold bikini".

She is sitting on a support for what was the bar seats.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dp.spry/Destiny/photo#5107854130520736818

princess leia, lol...thanks.

Swear to god it was a gold bikini. She made sure she placed herself were everyone could see (hence the nickname).

So you couldn't get a better picture than that? :cool: :D

The bar was a neat idea, but I can see the problems it might dreate.

Archived